I am curious about this man's behaviour. Keep judgmental answers to yourself please?

There is a man at work that I frequently flirt with. Progressively over the last 2 years the flirting has gotten more intense. We have never gone out, or kissed, but there is a lot of sexual tension.

Last week, he approached me to tell me he wants "me" BUT is involved in a long term relationship that he can not end easily. Therefore, he has decided to keep flirting at a minimum, until he can end up that other relationship. He says it is not fair to me to keep flirting before ending it with the OW, because he doesn't want me to misinterpret his intentions.

What does he want with me? sex, flirt, date, affair, relationship? Would you please point me in the right direction here?

Thanks,
4
1