Can you do an inverted sit up?

Notice she isn't arching her back she just has developed upper glutes.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
    Vote C
  • ... the fuck, why?
    Vote D

49

Most Helpful Guy

• not part of my "routine" but I remember doing it in the gym holding a 15kg kettlebell a few years ago when i was trying to tone my abs more so I know I could still do them fairly easily.

Most Helpful Girl

• sure i can

What Guys Said 8

• I can do it. Im pretty strong.

• not a chance

• Best treatment on the market for feeling low is exercise. I know you want to slap me but I speak from experience.

It's hard to feel bad after an exercise no matter what just went wrong or is going wrong. .

• He means personal record (PR). Not my style bro. I'm mainly yoga and running. I lift to supplement those.

As far as running yeah I've had days that are really frustrating because I didn't plan, didn't eat or sleep enough for days or just whatever shot went wrong. But it's a one off and I usually just realize my body isn't feeling it and move on to another activity.

I'm not a young athlete in football or something competitive like that. I set out that day to beat my PR but maybe I hope to. I run 5-6 days a week and I know when my body and technique is about to put me in a position to be my best mile time.

When I break it I record it. For most people who work out recreationally it is hard to be depressed upon working out unless you way over do it.

I fail all the time in yoga when building to new moves. It sucks a lot especially because you were so close to nailing it the day before.

These are games of endurance.

• @Cody01 I guess if you are talking about failing in a competitive setting on your PR that sucks but you have to have the mental dexterity to only let it suck for like 30 minutes or less.

I've never failed to finish a marathon but I don't run the Boston though I did qualify. I've never walked part of a marathon and I've gone through mental paralysis of sorts during the last leg. But you have to finish and you know your body isn't limiting you it's your kind limiting you so you have to keep going.

• not any more... im ex army but im now a fat fuck who enjoys drinking and eating way too much lol

• No just do have the strength to do it. I need to get stronger

• Yeah, easy-peasy for me!

• Im the only one in my gym who can lmao

• I was in the Marines, so yeah, not that difficult for me.

• I wish I had somewhere at home that I could do that.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm pretty sure that I can.

• Give it a go. Notice how anchored her feet are and the padding and support at the knees.

No I can't do one if you hang me upside down by my ankles in a door frame. Just don't hurt yourself trying get a spotter.

• Thanks & I'm gonna actually try it out looks sorta fun. Did you at least keep trying till you succeed at it because practice makes perfect. @sjoes006

• Wash rinse repeat so to say. I've never been a big gym rat, nor most likely is this woman here.

I've been a dedicated runner for 6 years now after a 3 year break. Running does work your whole core especially on hills. I've only been very into yoga for 5 years to supplement my running as I was getting uneven muscle groups.

But yoga requires arm strength and tons of weird ab muscles. You can train your body through yoga alone with time but I had to hit the gym to lift weights for my arms, obliques, lower traps.

Did I try to do a weird ankle hanging by nothing but cuffs complete sit up like I'm Patrick Swayze from Dirty Dancing? No.

Do I do safe inverted sit ups pictured in the video? Yes. I have to protect my lower back which I can't do hanging from nothing but my ankles. But hey sister go sister if that's your accomplishment more power to you. ☺️

• I'm sure I could still do those. How many is another question though.

• Lolz just get to 5 in like 5 minutes then work your way up. A lot of people saying yes are thinking of the pad they lay on at the gym at an angle.

Dangling from your angles or knees is much different. I don't see many if but a handful in two years of women actuall just doing this on their own during regular workout. You need lower ab strength and back.

• Maybe, i haven't tried. I can barely do a pull up but i can do the bridge