Do you workout to impress the opposite sex?

• Yes that's the only reason why I workout
  • Yes but that's not the only reason why I workout
  • No I workout for myself
    Vote C
  • I don't workout
    Vote D

5792

What Guys Said 92

• No, I just want to get as strong as my genetics can allow me for fighting and job reasons. I feel good knowing that if some man tries to attack or kill me, I could overpower them with my strength and skill. It’s a good feeling, and makes you feel good about yourself if you’re a man, though I don’t think women think like this when they workout. When I’m doing a kettlebell press or deadlift, I always think how I’m getting stronger and stronger than my future opponents. It’s a man thing lol

• 3d

Lol. Pussy.

• 3d

uhm.. so police n army training is a cliche n we only use it for ego boost. thanks for making it clear for me that i spent my years at shooters for it 😂
      yes ofc we get confidence via our strength n capabilities but it doesn't means we do it for it.
      if i weren't a fighter I'd be dead by now, so that's my answer.

• 3d

Luna is right and sexy

• Yes I like to make my body more attractive. As well, I like to be stronger physically and mentally. It helps to have a healthy and strong body for making things easier to do in life.

• Not at all. I work out to have the energy and the euphoria that comes with say a casual 10mile run or hitting the iron. I don’t think women give a crap either way therefore I do it only for me.

• i suppose a little bit. but my primary reason for working out is to be happy with how i look and being healthy

• I don't workout. I just work. I've gotten all my muscle from manual labor, splitting wood, throwing chains on a semi, carrying shingles, building homes, and carrying furniture. Between that and the occasional deer I throw on my shoulders, I don't workout.

• No, I workout because I like it and if I don't I'll get fat again. Impressing the opposite sex (if it ever happens) comes as a bonus.

• Plain and simple... yes I do!!! Lol and 2ndly its good for my health :)

• you always need to be in shape but I sense no sense in feeling the need to be jacked. it always makes me think that it is a way to deal with identity issues or driven by a false view of how to impress women

Sure, some women dig the jacked look but most women are impressed by men who intrigued their other senses away from sight.

• 98% of me getting exercise is for me. The other 2% is for women.

• I started back in July, aiming to look and feel better/stronger/fitter. I felt the "look better" bit fitted option 2 best ("yes but that's not the only reason").

Honestly, my weight/build has always bothered me, so I'm trying to fix that now.

• I work out for 3 reasons:
    I wanna become a better men.
    I wanna stay fit and athletic.
    I wanna be able to impress my girlfriend.

• A few reasons
    To look good and get positive attention from women , feeling more secure, because it relieves stress , because i watch action movies and a lot of them more or less compel you to work out , and because heavy stuff often actually needs moving.

• Ofcourse lol. Woman like a hard body. I do exercise for the health aspect aswell though. More energy, stamina, clearer thinking etc. etc.

• I don't work out my job as a farmer is a work out in its self.

• Ya of course lol extra hard just to look good for her
    But truth be told. Its also for me too. I like looking at a cut man with nice muscles. I guess myself in this case lol

Sexy

• I get fit so I can eat more fast food.

• No, I do it for health, for efficiency (I think better by having a healthy body which benefits my schooling/work), and self-esteem (self-esteem doesn't revolve around romance)

• I don't really work out, but wanting to be more attractive would be the main motivator for me.

• People who do this are fake, pathetic ones who will do anything not for himself but for the sake of the opposite gender.

• I'd be lying if I said no, but it's not the only reason why I work out. I work out to stay fit, look young, and be healthy :)

• No! I work out simply because if I don't I get severely depressed and it's the only thing that keeps me sane and I don't believe in medication. I'm really big though like not fat just big freaky natural wide not tall they call it stout, I'm stout as it gets girls don't like that so I don't try I just lift for me!

• I've wanted to work out for impression, but don't have the stamina or motivation being so lonely and lazy for most of my life. Hopefully I'll have motive when I fall in love again.

• i work out because i look damn good in the mirror it makes you feel godly :D

• No other valid reasons exist 😂

• I workout because it's psychologically empowering and a huge stress reliever. It's awesome to see results and the more you do, the more it boosts your confidence.
    ALSO, girls tend to like it if a guy is in shape / buff, so you know... Why wouldn't one workout at all?
    You just have to get in the frame of mind, once you start you can't do without it.

• In a way yes but mostly because I fucking love looking muscular!!
    You think you look good, you feel good.

• Nah. To be fit because I like pizza.

• It's 99% for the opposite sex and 1% for ourselves

• More from Guys
    62

What Girls Said 57

• I work out because I like it! I enjoy cycling instead of taking public transport, avoiding the crowded bus and having the wind on my face. I like running and building my speed and endurance, and it feels awesome after a long run. I love swimming as well. I like the way strength exercises shape my body and makes me strong and stretching makes me flexible. Also, I don't want to grow old and disabled. And even though it's not enough to make me skinny, working out helps me avoid being too fat. And finally, feeling good and having a firm body, even if you're overweight, does wonders for your self esteem, the way clothes fit, and in turn on how others view you.

• I workout so I don't hate myself when I look in the mirror.

• No, I work out so I can eat cake but still have a high ass

• For myself, love the feeling after a workout. Especially when I feel strong and lose in my body afterwards! And it makes me feel sexy😎

• I work out for my self appearance and fitness. I like my body healthy and fit, and I'm aiming to having a bit of definition as at the moment i have only achieved a flat stomach and just enough bit of bicep muscle to see 😂

• I don't workout.

• I don't work out-- I'm lazy af 😂

• there's a little bit truth to it, people do work out cause the want look like the men and women in the beauty adds cause society says that's what looks attractive. But i also think people work out to be healthy and fit.

• No. I workout so I can walk up stairs and not get puffed out.

• I work out for myself, I don't give a fuck what other people think

• Even if I were single, I wouldn't do it for the opposite sex. That's just stupid to me. I workout because it helps me both physically and mentally. I used to ALWAYS be in the gym, but ever since I started doing pilates, I just feel so much better.

But I'll admit, part of reason I workout is because my fiancé literally has a perfect body lol.

• I do it for myself & for my own happiness and too be healthy.

• partially, but it's more for myself to feel good physically and when i look into the mirror

• lmao nah I workout to impress my friends and family, and look like I have my shit together

• I don't work out. I build up enough muscle playing soccer

• I workout completely and selfishly 100% for myself. It's the one thing I do where I don't feel the pressure to be something for someone. It's a total release for me.

• i work out to impress myself lol

• I workout to improve myself, for ME.

• I tried getting into shape so guys would find me more attractive but that approach failed. I do it for myself and because if that i have been successful.

• Nope. I do it because I love it, i love challenging myself.

• I rarely work out for the sake of work out, so when I do, it's because there are parts of me that I want to change. So it's mostly for me. But I like it, when my fiancé takes notice, so it's not completely for me.

• No, I impress the same. Only what sex you are seems to notice you. Girls are the ones who notice the new haircut, hair color, weightless, etc it seems for me. Lol

• why else would you?

• No I work out for myself

• I do it because I feel stronger and have more stamina when in shape. It also helps my energy levels and self-esteem.

• No but it is part of why I workout, I like the feeling of being physically fit and I also have physical standards I need to meet for work

• I work out so i can beat the guys trying to show off

• I do it so I can look good and so the opposite sex can think I look good and also so the same sex think I look good. I also do it for health wise reasons too

• I don't workout, nor do I want to impress the other sex. but I want to work out because I'm overweight and I do need to get healthy otherwise I would suffer the consequences in the future... however I'm waiting for motivation and even early death doesn't really motivate me.

• Nope, I do it for myself. It's my body and I want to feel good in my skin

• More from Girls
    27