Best Thing I learned from my therapist so far?

Remove the word "should" from your vocabulary as much as possible.
If you can't control it, there's no point worrying about it.
Stop trying to solve all your problems with a rational solutions
Don’t compare yourself with someone else
Remember that no one thinks about you as much as you think about you.
Strive for progress, not perfection.
Remember this: Where I’m at right now is not where i will be forever
Let yourself fail once in a while.
You can't focus only your rights, anf forget about your responsibilities
Don’t judge your current self based your past self.
You can't change people, but you can change how you interact with them.
Everything about you is thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
People do not have the right to have unlimited access to you.
your anxiety both overestimates risk and underestimates your ability to cope.
And, it is what it is. accept things you cannot change.

You think is good for me to focus everyday on this advice from my therapist?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think "it is what it is" is one of the best things you can say in life. You can't worry about the things you can't change. It takes a lot of practice to go with the flow and accept life as it comes while striving for your own happiness, but it makes life more enjoyable in the end. Also think of your life as a sitcom sometimes. Be less frustrated or embarrassed about mistakes or misfortunes that happen, and imagine how you would react if you watched that situation happen on TV. You get rained on, you get stuck in traffic, you drop your donut, and you're late to a meeting? You would feel bad for the character on TV, so just agree that it's a bummer and a really bad day, and do what you can.

• Dude I love that and I do that all the time. A long time ago I came to the conclusion that God put me on this Earth so that I could crack him up at least once a day yeah, cuz I make myself laugh all the time at stuff that I do. Yep my own mental sitcom to be continued haha

Most Helpful Girl

• it sounds like you have boundary issues
    if that is the case, read boundaries by townsend and cloud

it sounds like you might have self esteem issues
    if this is the case, just remember that you are not your thoughts, actions or anything... instead you are always no matter what just valuable and learning to be better... you change. so for example, just because you made a mistake does not make you a mistake, you learn from it and you move on.

What Guys Said 19

• That's funny because I heard that a long time ago and did the same thing, and don't even realize that I don't really say it anymore. Also the simple sayings " take care of it now and forget about it later" & " don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff". haha when I was in the Army I remember a sergeant that told me not to say that I was sorry for something I did but to take responsibility for my actions and make sure that I don't do it again. More or less it was meant to be an exercise in taking responsibility seriously so as your Sorry's don't outweigh your Trust worthiness. So long as you learn from your mistakes make an effort to gain wisdom and patience you won't sweat the petty stuff.

• And one other thing, just know that there are no bad days. Everyday that you wake up is a good day, it only becomes bad when you are unprepared for the obstacles that arise. As long as you make an effort to prepare give yourself time and have a positive attitude, you will be less stressed out, less rushed and less apt to make mistakes. You can only do what you can do and when something goes wrong instead of bitching and moaning and griping about it keep your head figure out plans on fixing it and lead by example. Sounds like you're on the right track to personal enlightenment.

• Sounds like a good self help book :D

But yeah most of that is pretty legit advice. "Shoulds" fuck you five ways to Sunday.
    Comparing is almost inevitable, its never productive and can often even be destructive.
    Go for consistent progress rather than big ideals. If you can do 1% better or you can keep your work going steady every day, you'll manage much more than trying to do it perfect in one shot. Consistency is where the party is at.
    Don't judge yourself period.

Hmmm. I'd say don't focus on all of it. Because honestly every point on that list, is probably quite a hurdle to overcome. I'd go for ONE sticking point. The one thing you feel holds you back the most, focus on that till you get it out of the way, then move onto something else.

• not sure it goes for you as it did for me, but try avoiding being naked in public, in supermarkets and similiar as much as possible.
    but that aside, it is sound advice and absolutely matters to consider. Might - to me anyway - seem a bit much, too many things to always pay extra care and attention to, instead of fewer, but maybe stronger defined core words or sentences that for you defines the essence of your current challenges and more so, your way forward.
    dont get too caught up in constantly trying to remember and do by something, just because it makes sense... it has to feel right for you, matter and have substance in your life.
    I know that if I mix tequila, fernet branca and long island iced teas, it is bound not to make much sense-and more over, it is bound to head for the distant stars very fast- but still, about once a year, I do so anyway.

• no disrespect, but, you couldn't figure all this out by yourself?

rather than giving $$$$$$ to a 'therapist'

• It totally reminds me of story about my ex. She would ask me why she does certain things or how could she improve upon something or whatever. Straight up answer straightforward and to me obvious answer. She looked at me like I was an idiot or blow me off. I was just stating myself I don't even know why she bothers asking. Like the next week I would see her doing what I suggested, and I'd be like hey what you doing? Hej her therapist told her to do it. so I just came to the conclusion that if you pay somebody 400 bucks Sorry by then I guess it becomes a little more believable. SMH SMH

• Well I'm going to consider last year the Giants were in a transitional. period. fortunately I have some money again with some open positions to fill so I was given another 2 years and then they should win every other year again for 6 years. At least that's what I like to think. Freaking hate the Dodgers. But in a another month the Giants will be coming to my hometown here in Scottsdale for spring training so I'll give you a heads up.. fuck I hate the Dodgers

• @5x9BOB i am obsessed with baseball but HATE the Dodgers. This is ironical since my first taste of baseball was on a family trip to see relatives in Oregon from Ireland. we stopped over in LA and the lady running the motel we were at was so gaga over my accent that she took me to see a ball game at the height of Fernando mania.

I am a Pirates fan due to love for Pops Stargell and the We are Family Buckos

My fav player is Bumgartner, 100 times the pitcher that the girlie man (choke choke in Oct') Kershaw is

• Well i thank you. and your Therapist thats good stuff...
    As for your Question only you can Answer it.. do you like the new or different you.. For me i will take all that advice

• One thing he got right about every single man and woman in the world.

"Remember, nobody thinks of you as much as you". (Along those lines)

If you keep that one thought, you won't have as many problems. But, too, you may not have the experiences you would've had either.
    In other words, there are good things and bad things. Purple things and green things. Honest people and dishonest people. Lovers and fighters.

So, you just have to be who you are going to be. Trust me, everyone has a purpose. Everyone has a reason. Maybe yours is entertainment on this site. 🤣 Keep us on our toes!

• I recognize that, I'm also a control freak and if I "get lived" I get very nervous :o
    Yeah these are some wise things to remember :D

• Don’t agree with some

• Sounds like you have learned a lot. I think it's wonderful you are focusing on being a better person. I admire you. I hope I can find a woman like you one day.

• Can someone explain this to me please? =

• How people treat you is not an indication of who you are as a human being.

• As soon as I reached the part about not being rational, I lost interest in anything your therapist had to say afterwards. Besides, you are a pretty blonde. What on Earth do you have to be worried about that you need a therapist for?

• Never been to a shrink honestly

• Good advice

• I should get out of bed to go to work.

Are you telling me to not get out of bed?

• If you cannot effect it or direct it accept it.

• That all seems like good advice.

• Good point

• Agree

What Girls Said 1

• I think the best advice I've heard from a therapist is "What do you NEED, rn?"
    It's often useful to pause.