What is the appeal for people to become cheerleaders?

Not knocking it or anything I just wonder what about it is appealing?What is the appeal for people to become cheerleaders?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I was a cheerleader in high school and I liked it because it was fun. Fun was the appeal for me and most of the other girls. A few of them were cheerleaders because they thought it would make the boys like them more. In my high school, it was true. Lots of the boys liked girls more just because they were cheerleaders.

0|1
    0|0
    • Did you personally know that going in guys would like you more?

• I suspected they would, but I didn’t know for sure.

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• that's more of a dance team than real cheer leading.

But in the NFL and NBA - it pays pretty well for a part-time job.

0|2
    0|0
  • I really don't know, I heard it doesn't pay well and is extremely difficult to get in or make the cut. You have to be a certain weight or height I guess. If it's not competitive cheerleading, being a cheerleader is nothing but being eye candy for the men/ keep people from being bored... especially during half time.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's the happiness. People tend to gravitate toward what appears to be a nice life. And it's so gazed upon - the thought of being super pretty, happy and the idea of everyone "respecting" you is generally desired.

0|2
    0|0
  • I mean, many cliche high school movies make it seem like cheerleaders are the biggest, baddest girls in school. Cheerleaders are seen as the popular and pretty girls by many, but I think that they're overrated. Sure, some girls find cheerleading fun. But I don't think it should depict your popularity level. In fact, many people are starting to realize that.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's fun, u look cute, guys r into u, ur bod is in shape bc it's a workout, and u form really close friends

0|2
    0|0
  • My friend convinced me to but I didn't make the cut

0|1
    0|0
    • well what was the appeal to try for you in the first place? just peer pressure?

• Show All
    • It wasn't offered by my school I did it in my own time after I left school :) Kids can be so mean I don't understand why bullys bully honestly

• @BlondieGirl_ me neither like how is that any fun?

• I was a flyer in highschool. It was for much feeling like your flying and the bond you had to have with your team you literally had to be able to trust them with your life.

1|1
    0|0
  • To be an adventures and classic girls. I think they are very sexie and pretty, and no I don't like girls, I prefer real man! Thanks! 🙂

0|1
    0|0
  • Attention. In middle school, I had a cheerleader friend. She wanted to be popular and she admitted that was a major reason she did it.

0|1
    1|0
  • I cheered in middle and some of high school. (so obviously not professionally) And I did it because it was fun. I liked how active I was and how I was pushing my body to do new things, I liked the dancing aspect and how dancing helped me become more confident in my body.

These women enjoy all those things on top of the money they make WRONG
    Ok, I googled because I thought they would make at least 20-30 k a year. NO!
    "For decades, NFL cheerleaders accepted low wages — some making less than $2 an hour, others getting nothing at all — without demanding change. Those days are over." CBS article
    So, being a professional cheerleader seems like a pretty bad idea unless you work hard to become a social media influencer or find a rich partner or you are a trust fund baby.

0|1
    0|0
    • They're also treated horribly. Buffalo lost their cheerleaders because of investigations of mistreatment

• Show All
    • @TheClevelander1 if I treated a stripper like that in my country I'de probably eat a bullet or at least get bashed by some bikies. Seems horrible, the amount of money in that sport and they don't pay these ladies. I herd that the girls on those xrated webcam sites earn up to 20k a month.

• Most are fake though. At least strippers and cheerleaders are real

• Easier to see under their skirts

1|1
    1|0
    • so the girls join because of that? :P

• Show All
    • They get to be deemed “popular” *cough cough* hoes

• A lot of cheer squads don't wear skirts, they generally dont' do stunts though. It's dangerous to wear pants for stunts, talk to REAL cheerleaders, they'll tell you

• The clothes they wear. Or when they jump their boobs fly too ( sometimes )

0|1
    1|0
  • Attention and popularity.

0|2
    0|0
  • I have no clue.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s athletic and men think you’re hot.

0|1
    0|0
    • As opposed to?

• Show All
    • im just sayin'

• And I’m just asking.

• I don't know they're useless to me

0|1
    1|0

What Guys Said 7

• No idea, both my nieces are Cheerleaders... never thought of it that way, just an activity

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know they like it? Probably enjoy the sport of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dance, performing arts

It's all about building the resume.

0|1
    0|0
  • Attention?

0|1
    0|0
  • Fitness

0|1
    0|0