How to get rid of finger cracking - I've been doing it for years now and it's starting to become a bother. Is there a way to get rid of the habit?

How to get rid of finger cracking - I've been doing it for years now and it's starting to become a bother. Is there a way to get rid of the habit?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would you want to get rid of such a satisfying habit? Love cracking my knuckles. :)

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Ya.. . Nothing. It's annoying. But hey... old habits are hard to get rid off. I crack my fingers and it hurts now... my family reminds me to stop. That's the only thing I know has help me to sort of stop my finger cracking. Good luck. ☺

0|0
    0|0
  • for a while it was really hard but i started tapping my fingers whenever i got the urge and eventually it died away. now if i try to crack them it hurts.. im not sure how i even started

0|1
    0|0
  • Oooh try the rubber band thing. When you feel like cracking just pull that rubber band on your wrist. Supposedly a negative consequence will teach you that what you are doing is incorrect and hopefully get you out of that habit

0|0
    0|0
  • Everytime you realise you're doing it, stop and shake your hands instead.

Try to replace the habit with a less subtle action.

0|0
    0|0
  • you can't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do what u did when u rid of your profile pix: Just do it quick as a wink with no think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Punish yourself when you do it

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m not sure. I do it too except I bend mine different

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• it's ok not crack the joints by pulling the finger... but the way the picture is doing it.. like bending it, causes arthritis...
    so continue cracking, that's ok... just do it by pulling instead of bending...

0|0
    0|0
    • to*
      it's ok to crack the joints by pulling the finger

• It doesn't cause arthritis. It's scientifically proven that all it does is loosen your grip for awhile, and make your fingers less stiff

• No you can. You must do it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Chop em' off

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear boxing gloves every where.

0|0
    0|0