How do you deal with depression when you don't have anyone to help you with and therapy is not an option?

1530

Most Helpful Guy

• Question sounds like my past few years. And it's f***ed up. If you can rely on somebody, it's best. If you're a girl, you can EASILY find a boyfriend and maybe one who'll help... But just the affection, love, care, play, social interactions and sex will help.

Smile often! Doesn't matter that you lack a reason for it! Smiling tricks your brain into thinking that you're happy and you release endorphins. Which helps.

Practice sport regularly. It also helps a lot.

Engage in social interactions.

Do stuff!

These things are all a complement to treatment by a psychiatrist. So it's not either or... Do this + get help from pros.

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me tell you something I was in a very dark place at the tome I first joined this website. Someone I no longer talk to on here but this other lady she was so important to me she listened to me and heard me she was a true confidant and we are now friends on fb and we talk all the time. True kind people are on this site. If you need to talk to someone you can talk to me if you need to. You are never alone. I know it can feel lonely when depressed. I use to have an amazing therapist at college but I lost her due to graduating and since I haven’t had another one.