How do you deal with depression when you don't have anyone to help you with and therapy is not an option?

How do you deal with depression when you don't have anyone to help you with and therapy is not an option?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Question sounds like my past few years. And it's f***ed up. If you can rely on somebody, it's best. If you're a girl, you can EASILY find a boyfriend and maybe one who'll help... But just the affection, love, care, play, social interactions and sex will help.

Smile often! Doesn't matter that you lack a reason for it! Smiling tricks your brain into thinking that you're happy and you release endorphins. Which helps.

Practice sport regularly. It also helps a lot.

Engage in social interactions.

Do stuff!

These things are all a complement to treatment by a psychiatrist. So it's not either or... Do this + get help from pros.

0|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Let me tell you something I was in a very dark place at the tome I first joined this website. Someone I no longer talk to on here but this other lady she was so important to me she listened to me and heard me she was a true confidant and we are now friends on fb and we talk all the time. True kind people are on this site. If you need to talk to someone you can talk to me if you need to. You are never alone. I know it can feel lonely when depressed. I use to have an amazing therapist at college but I lost her due to graduating and since I haven’t had another one.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• If therapy is not an option, then be sure to eat healthy, get a good amount of sleep, but not too much, choose to be active, even on days when you don't feel like it, and get exercise. Exercise and spending good time with friends is very important, if you have no therapy and no medications available.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depression is a void in your life. Try filling it with activites such as reading, housework, church, sports, clubbing, vid games, or hanging with friends. Once you understand that you are missing something in your life it is easier to figure out how to fix it.

1|0
    0|0
  • look within yourself and find out whats causing it, get rid of that issue.
    Then... think about what you really want to enjoy.. go ahead and do it.
    Pets can help you through depression, cats and dogs.
    Eating good food, exercising, spending an hour on your appearance every day, eating fruit, drinking plenty of water, it all helps.
    Drinking water really helps, you'll find you will be less sleepy. Make a friend, post pictures of what you do on instagram show off, it all helps.

1|0
    0|0
  • Docs you need meds and to talk about things. I know this because I suffer from depression and have had numerous mental breaks over the years. Life does get better but you do have to work at it. Good luck to you

1|0
    0|0
  • I watch cat videos, funny videos, play games, visit silent places, imagine many things that may never happen,. Do random drawings,
    While these are my hobbies...
    So i quite comfort myself.
    But yes i sometimes really feel upset, then i start trying harder next day.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I had depression, I didn't seek any help nor did anyone know about it but I coped with it by watching comedies and surrounding myself with people who make me laugh. I also had a hobby that occupied my mind, so that's what I recommend.

1|0
    0|0
  • I get really high and write poetry then troll.
    Or art.
    Depression brings out your creativity... might aswell use it

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know but I hear forcing your self to exercise and exposing your self to new impressions can help.

Avoid doing nothing but feeling if that makes sense. Activate your self even if you dont feel it.

Why is therapy or councelling not an option?

1|0
    0|0
  • I have dealt with it for a long time, and the best thing to do is find a hobby that you love. For me it's gaming and sports, it gets my mind off being sad and it helps a ton. Having someone to talk to a bunch also helps a ton

1|0
    0|0
  • You need therapy. I've been on meds for a while and to get the meds that will help you need to go to therapy or a psychologist. They can get you meds that will fix you. I used to be fucked but the meds make life worth living.

1|0
    0|0
  • Try to do things that would occupy the time you'd otherwise pass thinking about what concerns you, any trip could help. You could also try to get a pet as it's sometimes even better then any other kind of therapy.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are online therapy website where you can chat with strangers and tell them about your problems. That's gonna be a great help. for you. Look for sites that are community driven and free. Don't pay an online service for professional help.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you can spend $40, moodgym is almost certainly better than nothing.

https://www.moodgym.com.au/

1|0
    0|0
  • I can understand, I have gone through that phase. One thing that has worked tremendously is communication. Talk to someone, friend like. It helps. Others could be hobbies, interests, setting small goals

1|0
    0|0
    • Ohh sorry but if you feel like talking, feel free to drop a message :). Help is always there

• I have trouble dealing with it, so I channel it into art. I use my creativity to relieve my episodes.

2|0
    0|0
  • Try not to do big things, just little manageable things to lift myself up. That way if one thing goes bad I still have other things to pick me up rather than falling deeper.

1|0
    0|0
  • I try to focus on myself and what i really want in life, yoga and a good work regiment helps a lot too just try to take care of yourself and do what makes you happy

1|0
    0|0
  • I push it down and never think about it. Im constantly telling myself "you can't have depression, you are way better than that" and thats about it

1|0
    0|0
  • I understand that and the best way is to just establish a relationship with someone and talk. I'm here if you need me!

1|0
    0|0
  • You find someone to talk to about it ASAP. Online chat rooms online games hanging at a bar find someone interested in listening.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• Watch tons of TV shows. Find a friend and get out to do something fun and out of your comfort zone maybe. Work out and focus on physical health. Change the music you listen to for a bit of time each day. Try instrumental meditation or techno music. It is soothing.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can try medication. I tried that for 8 years before I gave up and learned to cope with it. You just gotta fight it. Exercise, cleaning, and sunlight helps me. Just force yourself to get out of bed and go for a walk. Remind yourself that physical activity helps depression and helps you be happier and that if you spend 15 minutes or so walking, then your day will be happier and more productive. You just have to fight it and push through it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why is therapy not an option? You can speak to your doctor about this issue and they will be able to help you. It's proven that exercise can help you feel better so you should definitely do that. May I ask why you are depressed?

1|0
    0|0
  • The greatest advice I've ever gotten from my therapist was to write down every emotion I was feeling when I was overwhelmed with sadness. Sometimes writing it on paper makes it easier to break down your emotions and it really helped me a lot. I had really bad depression in high school and fortunately I've come a long way from it.

Surround yourself with people who make you happy. Best of luck to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's very hard, really, really hard, but it's doable... What worked for me was having an organised schedule and having things to do all the time so I could keep my mind off it. I was so alone and inside my house all the time, eventually i went out and made lots of friends (even tho it was really hard for me) and as years passed i can honestly say im pretty okay now. But this is just what worked for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can talk to a priest, or you can google things to help you.

1|0
    0|1
  • If you want someone to talk to, I've dealt with depression for 8, going on 9 years now.

1|0
    0|0
  • NAMI is a great resource for all mental illnesses. They provide many different resources and facilitate support groups

1|0
    0|0
  • Meditate, listening to music, do something that makes you feel good about yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • Alcohol then you end up having regrets the next day

1|0
    0|1
  • Music

1|0
    0|0
  • I write and read and cry

1|0
    0|0
  • Weed

0|0
    0|0
  • You find things that aren’t alive and make you happy. For me is drawing, I watch a lot of YouTube and movies to take my mind of it and I also like to pretend I’m alone in this world and there’s no one to take care of me so I’ve gotta take care of myself and that’s what I do, which does make me feel better. I cry once in a while because it feels good afterwards.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes