Would you have kicked this girl out of your gym?

Girl goes to the gym to work out. She does not have her camera with her and claims she is not recording. Manager approaches her saying she is filming which she denies. Manager states they are watching her stream in their office. She denies doing it and claims she is being harassed.
  • Yes
  • No

2686

Most Helpful Guys

• By paying and doing whatever signup stuff you have to do you are agreeing to follow the rules of the gym. If you don't follow those rules you are not owed service paying or not. If the rule is no cameras or streaming or filming or whatever, I'd allow the woman to stay under the condition she leave her camera at the front desk or whatever device she's using to film.

Now... that being said I would consider that being VERY gracious. I believe were it my gym and were one of my customers not willing to follow the rules I would have no obligation to let them stay. I'd be willing to give her a chance but she is not owed one.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • She kinda seems like the kind of girl who thinks the world revolves around her, and she deserves everything, and everyone owes her.

I wonder if she's even using the gym equipment, or if all she does is stretch, there. I see some people who do nothing but stretch, in the gym. Like... what's the point? You can do that at home.

I swear, these chicks that come in damn near a bikini and don't even work out. Why? I'm glad my gym doesn't allow sports bras or belly shirts. All their sweat gets all over the equipment, like that, and not everyone is nice enough to wipe that shit off. If they're even working out.

I looked at a couple of her other videos, and I don't see her using gym equipment, at all.

"I'm not filming" *Immediately readjusts phone*

But, if that's the gym's policy, that's the gym's policy. They even told her it was fine, so long as she didn't get other people in the shot. She was just being self-absorbed and entitled. With my gym's policy you're not even supposed to have it out, much. If that's an issue for her, she should find a gym that doesn't care. Not try to argue that she is an exception to the rules, because it's her job.

And... again... was she even working out?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• Oh no she lied to the staff oooh so baaad. That place most likely has its own cameras there. My gym is literally the size of a rich persons bedroom and they have cameras on almost every corner. And it’s a body builder gym so everyone is always taking pics and videos. Wtf this is so stupid. She obviously got trolled by her haters that called because they have nothing better to do other than hate on someone’s livelihood and success. I don’t think she should’ve been kicked out. Come to her prepared. She is a paying member of that gym just as those that supposedly complained. She should be treated with the same respect. Show her exactly where it states that she cannot have her phone and that’ll be the end of it. People get all hopped up on power cause they have a manager badge... this situation was so dumb and avoidable if the workers did their job properly. She wasn’t mad about them telling her to turn it off, she was mad because there was nothing backing that statement of “this is gym policy”

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I disagree completely. The way she is recording clearly displays other members. Those members of that private gym didn't consent to being on camera. I view that woman as no different than Dani Mathers invading a gym member's privacy. It is okay to film and stream in public locations, but not private locations. Private businesses can establish their own policies.

• @iskg679 I said that they should’ve showed her the gym policy. If you listen, her whole argument was about the policy. You don’t go to court and use something as an example yet not show it as evidence. They should treat her as the customer she is, and show her the policy. Then she can’t use that as an argument because she clearly saw where it said she cannot do what she’s doing.

• she's an asshat. And yeah, I would have kicked her out. She can't show other people on her video or livestream or whatever exercise in narcissism she's participating in. They said she can do her shit against a wall, not a mirror. But apparently she thinks the rules and just plain old politeness doesn't apply to her

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE