What worked for you to lose weight?

For me it was really hard I was up and down with weight for a few years. Finally I found stuff that works

-My screen saver is my ideal body type wearing an outfit I wish I could pull off. So I see it everytime I open my phone.

-I switched out one of my meals for a smoothie

-I hate working out so I watch Netflix while on the bike machine

-I do everything with heavy weights so I have to do less reps.

-A main part of my workout is dancing cuz that's the only thing I don't hate doing. I just do it until I'm sweating

- I take vitamins in the morning so my body isn't trying to find the nutrients in other places.

- after lunch I drink green tea. It speeds up the metabolism

- lastly what I cut from my diet.
No bread, candy, ice cream, overly fatty meat, and no alcohol

- I allow two exceptions every week. Usually its pizza and a beer with my freinds

1827

Most Helpful Guys

• Your first mistake was going on the bike machine. Seriously, why do women always go on either the bike machine and the elliptical and wonder why they aren't losing weight?

You say you do heavy weights? You had my interest and now you have my erectio- Attentio- Ahhh y'all know what I'm about.

Jokes aside, how heavy?

Do you have a strong muscle foundation? Do you work every muscle group once per day?

It sounds like your body lacks a foundation and you're trying to just do a lot of cardio to solve your problem, which works sure but you aren't working nearly hard enough.

• I've already reached my goal. My post was to have people share their successful methods.

But thanks for your concern

• I am willing to share my methods, but my methods only tend to work when a.) My pupils dont question me and b.) Said pupils have a level of strength already or a level of tenacity.

• I downloaded the app MyFitnessPal and I started counting my calories. By consuming less calories than I burned I managed to lose weight. 4 months later I was 40 pounds lighter and the healthiest I had ever been.

I still ate all the foods that I would normally eat. McDonald's even made up something like 70% of my diet. As long I made sure I consumed less calories than I burned I continued to lose weight.

Most Helpful Girls

• How much weight are you trying to lose here? And what was your starting weight? Sorry I don’t want to list any tips unless if I know they won’t be misused by someone with a possibly body dysmorphic disorder.
    I think you have listed many reasonable weight loss measures here, unless if you were already (or near) underweight. If following this list does not lead to a slight decline in weight over time, consider seeking your medical provider because their could always be an underlying medical condition (thyroid issues, etc.).

• I actually already reached my goal. I was sharing what worked for me

• I used to be anorexic so I could write a book about what works to lose weight hahaha
    But if you want the healthy & sustainable way there really is no way around doing lots and lots of cardio - About 1h each day is the minimum I go for personally when I feel like I need to lose weight.
    Not eating after 5 or 6PM helps a lot & cutting down on your carb intake in general is great to burn more body fat. Safe foods if you wanna avoid carbs are eggs, most veggies, cheese, fish, yoghurt, avocados, olives & nuts, so I'd stack up on those and fill most of my meals with them.