What worked for you to lose weight?

For me it was really hard I was up and down with weight for a few years. Finally I found stuff that works

-My screen saver is my ideal body type wearing an outfit I wish I could pull off. So I see it everytime I open my phone.

-I switched out one of my meals for a smoothie

-I hate working out so I watch Netflix while on the bike machine

-I do everything with heavy weights so I have to do less reps.

-A main part of my workout is dancing cuz that's the only thing I don't hate doing. I just do it until I'm sweating

- I take vitamins in the morning so my body isn't trying to find the nutrients in other places.

- after lunch I drink green tea. It speeds up the metabolism

- lastly what I cut from my diet.
No bread, candy, ice cream, overly fatty meat, and no alcohol

- I allow two exceptions every week. Usually its pizza and a beer with my freinds

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Your first mistake was going on the bike machine. Seriously, why do women always go on either the bike machine and the elliptical and wonder why they aren't losing weight?

You say you do heavy weights? You had my interest and now you have my erectio- Attentio- Ahhh y'all know what I'm about.

Jokes aside, how heavy?

Do you have a strong muscle foundation? Do you work every muscle group once per day?

It sounds like your body lacks a foundation and you're trying to just do a lot of cardio to solve your problem, which works sure but you aren't working nearly hard enough.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've already reached my goal. My post was to have people share their successful methods.

But thanks for your concern

• I am willing to share my methods, but my methods only tend to work when a.) My pupils dont question me and b.) Said pupils have a level of strength already or a level of tenacity.

• I downloaded the app MyFitnessPal and I started counting my calories. By consuming less calories than I burned I managed to lose weight. 4 months later I was 40 pounds lighter and the healthiest I had ever been.

I still ate all the foods that I would normally eat. McDonald's even made up something like 70% of my diet. As long I made sure I consumed less calories than I burned I continued to lose weight.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• How much weight are you trying to lose here? And what was your starting weight? Sorry I don’t want to list any tips unless if I know they won’t be misused by someone with a possibly body dysmorphic disorder.
    I think you have listed many reasonable weight loss measures here, unless if you were already (or near) underweight. If following this list does not lead to a slight decline in weight over time, consider seeking your medical provider because their could always be an underlying medical condition (thyroid issues, etc.).

1|0
    0|0
    • I actually already reached my goal. I was sharing what worked for me

• I used to be anorexic so I could write a book about what works to lose weight hahaha
    But if you want the healthy & sustainable way there really is no way around doing lots and lots of cardio - About 1h each day is the minimum I go for personally when I feel like I need to lose weight.
    Not eating after 5 or 6PM helps a lot & cutting down on your carb intake in general is great to burn more body fat. Safe foods if you wanna avoid carbs are eggs, most veggies, cheese, fish, yoghurt, avocados, olives & nuts, so I'd stack up on those and fill most of my meals with them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• I started out with first making a list of everything I eat throughout the day. Next step is from the list, get an idea of how many calories I consume. Then I began to cut calories from my diet. Shockingly, 1000 calories (half my intake) was all from soda.
    It worked though. Within two months I was leaner than ever. Next step since the fat was gone was now its time to build muscle, which has been a whole lot more harder

1|0
    0|0
  • I lost 15+ kgs in the past 6 months. I ate a salmon sandwich in the morning, a salad or rice with some salad and chicken in the afternoon, for dinner mostly just a salad with some meat, and if I was hungry, I ate a slice of lemon or a carrot. But I drank water almost 24/7. Nothing else really. And if I did drink something else I chose something without sugar. And for the rest I walked close to 10km a day.

1|0
    0|0
  • After I had surgery on my knee I went up to 16st. Being 5ft6 that wasn't a good look. I'm now down to about 12.5st. I just did a basic calorie count and made sure to try to stay around 1500-2000 calories a day. I added a bit more walking and drank more water. I still treat myself and have junk food etc, I just try to be more sensible.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like your doing the right things, but I would expand the no bread thing to little to no carbs. Your primary meals will be veggies and a protein. Occasionally you will need to refuel with carbs, so go with a more complex carb like a sweet potato.

0|0
    0|0
  • I lost over 70 pounds real quick just by walking. The only things I quit was pop, desserts and red meat.

1|0
    0|0
  • I lost weight eating chicken fried steak burgers twice a day and only drinking pure honey water 3 times a day

1|0
    0|0
  • I worked as a shopping cart pusher up until last month now I work in the frozen section and the pounds are just pilling on. I lost around 50 pounds doing that job now I guess I have to join a gym

0|0
    0|0
  • More fruit, less junk food, free weights. I didn't cut anything out of my diet and I didn't slow my boozing. Going to the gym and lifting for 40 minutes 3 nights a week did wonders.

0|0
    0|0
  • I switched to keto, life changer, lost 60lbs in 6 months. The amount of energy I got from it, I had GERD, and now that's completely gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Controlling diet and 5 days continuous workout for a month

1|0
    0|0
  • A partner that also wants to workout. So you motivate each other and sex, nothing burns calories better than sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • first stop being a pussy and dont eat junk food and if you really want to lose weight start running no excuses

0|0
    0|0
  • No more soft drinks. Salad lunch. 1 sandwich instead of 2 for tea. Taking the long route on my ride to work.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can’t lose weight without sport I think
    For me a little of weed and my sport yoga

You don’t have to go gym there is a lot of activity’s out

0|0
    0|0
    • But a lot of girls get kidnapped and raped going out for runs and stuff alone. Even at my gym in the last 6 months one girl was abducted in the parking lot. And another was beaten unconscious. Luckily the cameras in the parking lot caught them both times

• Calorie counting. I restrict myself to 1900 Cal per day on average.

0|0
    0|0
  • I still eat absolute junk food but strenuously work out and sprints

0|0
    0|0
  • Try the ketogenic diet, or just a cut a bit on the carbs

0|0
    0|0
  • To stop drinking sodas and replace them with water. Cut back on fast food. Lost 30 pounds.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tapeworm

2|0
    1|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 16

• Caloric deficit of at least 200-500 calories.
    Consistency
    HIIT
    Lots of water and veggies.
    Low sugar/ dry rubs instead of sauce.
    I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks. I have naturally high metabolism though. So that may explain why I drop extra weight so easy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I lost 40 lbs in 2 1/2 months two years ago by cutting down on calories (I would only consume about 1100 to 900 calories a day), cutting way down on junk food, and doing intense workouts five times a week. Two years later I've still kept the weight off! Check out my before and after pics!

0|1
    0|0
  • 1. Make a blender full of smoothie drink a smoothie twice a day
    2. Wake up 7 am
    3. Lemon water instead of pop/juice
    4. Dance (it's really good to sweat) listen to cha cha slide, Hoedown Throwdown (need anymore I'll send them to you)
    5. Walking around the block 8:00 am drink smoothie & after supper 6 pm drink smoothie
    6. Salads
    7. Exercise 30 mins - 60 mins (when you wake up and before bed)
    8. Eat small meals
    9. Fruits and vegetables for snacks
    10. Eggs everyday for breakfast
    11. Bed early.

0|0
    0|0
  • I lost 64 lbs.
    laying off carbs
    Exercising every single day.
    Drinking water.
    Running every day

1|2
    0|0
  • Aahhh no ice cream... 😭 For some time for me worked starving 😅 don't recommend to anyone

0|1
    0|0
  • Calorie tracking with only a small calorie deficit paired with weight lifting has worked wonders

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm one of the lucky ones slow to put weight on & easy to loss it. Trouble is the older I get the more difficult it is to lose. Still I'm holding my own with the weight.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fruit, veg, now and then something unhealthy. Olympic lifting, weights, cardio and core, train 4 times a week, 3 in the gym, 1 out for a run/light jog

0|0
    0|0
  • Running though I’m not trying to lose weight I’m trying to Maintain body toned.

0|0
    0|0
  • Low calorie diet while working out (running and weight-lifting)

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating a loser who committed tax fraud

2|0
    0|0
  • limiting what i'm eating

1|0
    0|0
  • Try ketogenic diet

1|0
    0|0
  • I eat healthy and I do sports