Pics are ugly... Been to two doctors for this bite/rash, given ointment, this still seems to be spreading, can anybody identify this infection?

Dont look down if rashes make you sick or whatever. Obviously the dumbest place to ask, but I want to know if anybody has had any dealings with this sort of thing. Doctor prescribed ointment (Taro-Mupirocin) has been applied to these areas also apploed in the pics, (3 times a day or more), since Thursday night) it keeps spreading and I'm not sure it's getting better. This all started around my right inner calf muscle. I know, it looks really really gross. Now this appears on my other leg, I've had it for a week, went to the doctor the first day, but it was only small bumps, then all of a sudden more and more bumps came up, then my other leg got bumps also starting on the calf. I've never been sexual with anyone, bed is clean, looked like a small bite with bumps around it at first. Then more bumps stated to appear 1-2 days after also, the main area has had a yellow discharge coming from it for a few days, kind of slowed down today. I also shaved the hair away so it looks weird. I can't seem to get a doctor to tell me what it is, nor does searching the internet make it any better. Of you can help, please do
First area where little bumps were
First area where little bumps were
Started to descend down from my calf.
Started to descend down from my calf.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• The cream that your doctor gave is for impetigo. My concern is could this be MRSA? Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is an infection caused by a type of Staphylococcus, or staph, bacteria that’s resistant to many different antibiotics. It can be treated with other antibiotics but it can be hard. A simple swab of the wound could have told the doctor if it was MRSA. You really do need to go back to the doctor and preferably a dermatologist if you can get in. Here in the US it can take up to 6 to 8 months to get an appointment with a dermatologist. Best wishes.

• 7d

Thanks, the ointment sort of seems to help, but not much, plus new bumps are appearing further up the leg. Hopefully I can get a dermatologist app. Thanks for the info

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you wrestle? What do you do for work? What part of the country do you live in? Have you travelled recently? have you been bitten by anything? Does anyone you know have a similar rash? Don't shave any more by the way.

• Live in Ontario Canada, do that wrestle or have contact with any people who have this rash. No travelling outside of about an hour or two away, though it was two weeks ago, but to a place I regularly visit and know well. Might have been bitten, cut the lawn the day before, but I haven't seen anything close to this before ND have cut grass for years

I shaved only the first day, not because I needed to see past the hair. Not doing continuously.

• 1d

Thanks for the MHO. I'm sure it was staph, but I'd like to know that you are ok. Let us know.

• 19h

getting better, had to get on two different creams