Have you ever lied to your doctor?

If yes what did you lie about?

1514

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. He asked if I was in any pain because he’d just taken my blood pressure and it was a little high. I was having intense cramps, but I said no because I’m so used to cramps not counting. It was only later that it dawned on me that it would’ve been relevant.

• When I was getting my annual lab draws, I told the lab technician that I work out 3 days a week. I just didn't tell her this gym is the one where I lift patients who are 2-3 sizes bigger than me. She said I have very low body fat percentage so I'm sure she wouldn't care about that lie.

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. I was asked whether I had alcohol or marijuana in the last three days (or was it week?). Unfortunately, I had both at a party. However, since I was 20 at the time and speaking to a doctor from my university which is partially federally funded, I lied and said no 😅

• I lie to all of them and never tell them if something is wrong, because all doctors do now is say, "Oh I don't do that," and send you to yet another doctor because there are so many different specialists now, so I keep my mouth shut, and they all have a staff of dozens. I liked it when ONE doc did almost everything and he had ONE girl to answer the phone. I'm tired of being sent on fool's errands all over town, so I just use home remedies. They've got hand docs, shoulders docs, finger docs, NUTS!!!