How can I stop being overly sensitive all the time?

My friends and my boyfriend sometimes take advantage of me for being a kind person and I'm a very sensitive person. I want to be a nice person but also be able to put my foot down when they take advantage of me or say something that bothers me. They say I need to stop being so sensitive everyday too.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Won't lie, makes me sound like a bitch but I used be sensitive af when I was in middle school and when I went to high school it pissed me off and now I'm like the opposite of sensitive I don't know what changed but I just did

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people are more sensitive than others anyway. It's not a bad thing. You (and they) certainly should see it as a positive quality. I'd rather know someone who cared a lot, rather than didn't care. It's a gradual process but over time you can maybe help yourself by trying to take things less to heart that don't matter, ie if something small upsets you, look at whether it's worth it and try to let it go. I find as I've got older it's easier to just invest my time and emotions in things that are worth it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I wish I knew. Honestly, counseling has helped me. If anything, I have a safe place to share

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes