Can you diagnose yourself with depression pretty accurate?

I believe I may have depression. I really don’t have many people to talk to about this type of thing and I don’t really have money to go to a therapist. I have all the symptoms of depression but it’s off and on. I have triggers. Like for an example if an animal is hurt I will cry about it for days. I don’t know if I am depressed or not. It’s hard to tell since I am off and on. Sometimes I’m really sad but right now I’m in a kind of happy life. I have been better but I have been way worst. I have talked to my 1 friend about it. I’ve even talked about suicide and a kind of friend over heard us and I asked them to tell no one or I would never talk to them about my secrets and they told a teacher. Now i feel like I can never tell them anything. I’m not ready to talk about it to other people I don’t trust very much. I don’t know if I should be that way. So I have you guys. Go at it! Thank you and I would appreciate happy thoughts.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• You can diagnose when you are too emotionally open and when you aren't happy in life. Diagnosing depression isn't that easy. It's always better to speak to a medical professional, not least because mood can be affected by other things such as medications, hormones, illnesses, etc. If you get a proper diagnosis you have the chance of appropriate, tailored treatment. As they say, assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Ok. Lol thank you so much. I appreciate you being nice about. Some people can be b**ches. Lol. 👍

• 3d

You are best placed to know how you feel, but let those better qualified help you with the why. It's just the same as calling a plumber or an electrician. You let the expert handle the expertise.

• 3d

💙👍

What Girls Said 1

• You can acknowledge that something is wrong with you which is a great first step but you can not self diagnose.

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Ok thank you so much.

Recommended myTakes