How can I stay fit without going to a gym?

1225

What Girls Said 12

• -Walking and running: Yeah I think everyone agrees on that, lol
    -Youtube videos: Believe it or not, you can find pretty much every type of workout on there without going near a gym! I do cardio, kickboxing, and weight training exercises almost every day from the comfort of my home thanks to trainers on there
    -Get you a home gym: doesn't have to be anything fancy. Some weights/barbells, punching bag, treadmill (if you have the space and money), cycling machine just to name a few things

• Have a proper diet
    Workout at home
    Swimming
    Briskwalking
    Ride a bicycle
    Hiking
    Yoga
    Dancing
    Join Martial arts classes
    Etc.

There are many things that you can do to stay fit.

• Eating healthy versions of what you like, and doing a healthy hobby like rock climbing, skiing, swimming, biking, tennis, volleyball, and etc...

• 1. have a good diet. Don't just eat a ton of junk food.
    2. do exercise at home.

• Watch what you consume and take a walk once in a while.

• Are you scared of gym too?

• Go for walks around your neighbourhood

• Start running or jogging everyday.

• apples

• Eat right and exercise at home

• HIIT. Clean diet. home workout tapes.

• Go to a park, attend classes/boot camp

What Guys Said 25

• Not being totally fit, and having only limited gym use in my past, take this with a grain of salt.

I think part of it is diet - not like starving youself, but eating healthy, the right portions, getting enough of whatever your body needs to fuel itself.

The tricky part for me is that water tastes horrible right now (I taste certain chemicals... to me, it tastes like some kind of metal or something). I hate most teas; so it's water, milk, or pop. Pop is empty calories... it's really not good to have more than once or twice a week, if that. I've heard that for guys, they stop drinking pop, and they usually shed pounds like crazy (if they were big pop drinkers).

I think cutting way down on junk food, walking or running (at LEAST to cover 8,000 steps a day (probably more if you're overweight)). getting some sunlight, getting 7-8 hours of good sleep a night, all that is going to help.

Now, past that, I think that you'd have to do something past just walking or running, though that will do a lot. Something "high impact." And that means you'll have to dedicate some finances to learning this stuff. I think if you don't join a gym (can be expensive), you'll probably have to do some variation of a home gym - or hire a personal trainer to help figure out what you can do.

• Of course you can, by addressing cardio through walking, running, swimming or any other activity that sustains your target heart rate, and then addressing strength training through free weights, for example.
    The climate where you live may make it difficult for outdoor activity during the colder seasons, so a treadmill may be beneficial to supliment cardio if needed.

• Google Charles Atlas.

Walking is good cardio but you need to raise your heart rate above 120bpm

Avoid excess consumption of carbohydrates, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners.

• Have a home gym... Run outside, ride your bike outside, mountain bike, hike outside, play sports, swim in a pool/lake/ocean, kayak, surf, chop wood, rock climb, work construction/as a mover, garden, etc.

• Well that's a pretty easy question to answer just do calisthenics and get your cardio on. The calisthenics is for the muscle tone and Cardio it's for your heart your stamina and you don't need a gym for either one

• If the problem is having to pay for the gym membership or going to the gym, you could train at home. For strength, a pair of adjustable dumbbells and a pull-up bar will get you a long way. Running and cycling are great conditioning exercises.

Healthy eating is also very helpful, but in my opinion, everybody should do some kind of training.

• Swimming, mountain climbing, hiking, etc.

Or you can do what Alexander Skarsgard did in the movie "The Legend of Tarzan": fight with great apes.

• Running, jogging, body weight training

Watch some YouTube videos on exercises at home or with no equipment

and if you get into it maybe buy equipment like dumbbells, pull up bar, ab roller and other stuff that can be stored easily

• Buy an ebook for Kindle called "Convict Conditioning". It's super useful. Written by a guy who did time.

• Walk for 1 to 2 hours every day.
    Drink only water.
    Eat just below maintenance calories

• Try sixpack factory. Their stuff works and it's not overpriced. I did twice achieve 6 pack abs within 2 months using their techniques.

• Workout at home, walk, swim, eat well. Nobody needs a gym to stay fit.

• Either have a physically active job, or regularly participate in a physically active hobby.

• Stop taking easy option walk don't take bus stairs not lifts diet not full fat

• Eat less and sports

• eating healthy and not sitting around all day.

• Eating lots of fruits and veggies helps.

• Do lots of cardio. And strength training exercise

• With a proper diet you can.

• Lots of sex?

• Run.

• eat right and walk more

• Walk everywhere

• do lots of waking

• Good diet + Isokinator Green Giant. Arguably it's even better than the gym...