If you don't have a hearing loss, do you believe people with (hearing loss) are much more stupid than the average person without hearing loss?

If so, why? Do you feel they cannot do a similar job that a hearing person can do, just because they have hearing loss? People have a spectrum of hearing (loss), just like people do with their vision - 20/20, 20/30, 20/40, etc. Some people have a mild hearing loss. Some have a moderate hearing loss, and some have a severe hearing loss. There's also those that have a profound hearing loss. But just because they lack in one sense, doesn't necessarily mean they lack in others or in intelligence. Please give your full opinion. I merely ask this because some people with disabilities struggle to find employment and the MAJOR majority of them do because of their disability. Please do not be anonymous.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My brother is totally deaf in his right ear from a barotrauma, and is a bit poor in his left ear. Shattered the small bones.

It has not made any difference to his intelligence, and like me, is on course for a bachelors first, a masters and a doctorate. True, he has to listen very carefully.

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you mind me asking if he currently has employment?

• He is in his final year as an undergrad. He will not have any trouble getting a job. I think, like me, he will stay on at uni in research.

Most Helpful Guy

• There’s no correlation between hearing loss and intelligence. I’m not sure who believes there is.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've heard some people say deaf people are stupid, just because they lack hearing and talk strange. However, I'm not at all saying it's the majority. But I don't know how many believe it. That's why I asked.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I hope nt. I am one of those but I play music until my ears bleed.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• No not at all. My sister has a significant hearing loss in the left ear and she is very intelligent. I dont see any correlation between low intelligence and hearing loss.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can’t see why anyone would think that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes