What do you guys think of this topic it’s body positive vs fit people?

So it’s a debate on wether any body size is acceptable or is it better to be fit and healthy. Honestly I think it’s better to be fit and healthy and if you love your body you should want to lose wait and not feed into this love yourself for how you are bullshit. Your health comes first like if your a bit overweight then I guess it’s okay but if your morbidly obese then you have a problem.
What do you think?
https://youtu.be/eVZJFULZVfA
  • Being fit is better
    Vote A
  • Love your self no matter what size
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I agree, it's better to put your health before your feelings. I would rather live longer and put a little effort than let myself go out of comfort to eventually die of disease. Being fat should no be socially acceptable I'm not saying shame people for it but, there really isn't anything positive about being unhealthy. I'm not saying you can't look great still as a big person but, what i am saying is it's unhealthy and should be worked on. Also i know there are people with diseases that Can't get any smaller unfortunately and that's okay this is not about them.

0|1
    0|0
    • Exactly perfect reply that’s what I’m saying. I think when people say they should owe weight they get offended but they shouldn’t it’s not a bad thing. It’s better to be healthy and live a good life. I don't know why they are promoting an unhealthy thing.

• People just are a bunch of babies nowadays tbh I've heard of People feeling like their own doctors are fat shaming them 😒. Also honestly doe I don't get the big push to start promoting an unhealthy body type more. We don't need people to start thinking its perfectly normal to get as big as they want.

• All I can say is love yourself enough to be healthy. Mentally, and physically. Sure you can accept being fat. And love it. Great for loving yourself no matter what. You don’t have to be ripped in all. But really diabetes is bodypositive? High blood pressure? overweight to the point of having joint pains? Hard time going to the bathroom And all that? 0.0 no no no.
    I've watched my 600 pound life way too much and see nothing positive about that. Also just knowing people and hearing the issues overweight people have. Nothing positive about it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Exactlyyyyyyy that’s what I’m saying like a bit overweight is fine as long as your active and fit. But being morbidly obese is a problem and people shouldn’t be promoting that.

• yup. The whole body positive is shit. The health style is not positive xD why don’t they get it.

• Cuz they are to sensitive to understand lol 😂

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I Think you should love yourself I don't want anyone to be depressed because of their size.
    HOWEVER, I don't want anybody to strive to be healthy we all should strive to be healthy (fit). So it depends how you look at it.

0|1
    0|0
    • *I don't want anyone to strive to be UNhealthy

• Show All
    • I don’t think people hate on fat people and people rather see them trying to do something about instead of them promoting it

• Some people definatly hate on fat people but many don't.

• I don't think you truly love yourself if you're fat. I thought I did but once I lost 100 pounds I know the real meaning of loving myself

0|1
    0|0
    • Exactly bro same here I lost 30 pounds last month and I’m still trying to lose a bit more

• Being fit is obviously better. Fat people shouldn't be shamed or anything but they also shouldn't be made to feel they are somehow beautiful when they clearly are just unhealthy lumps of shit

0|1
    0|0
    • Honestly I think people only shame people if they aren’t doing anything about their weight and they just eat and do nothing. But if people see them trying I’m sure they would get support and feel much better about themselves

• There is honestly such a limit
    Endorsing obesity is wrong. Simple as.
    BUT, there are "heavier" people who are still healthy etc.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you need to love yourself but also have your best interest in mind.
    If you are underweight or overweight that your health is affected then what's the point of being proud of how you are?

If you look to someone's body and think I want to look like him/her and it's doable then why not.

I think many people lie to themselves because they don't want to do the hard work to gain the results they want. They decide to take the easy way out by doing nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a difference between body positive and fat acceptance, those are two different things. Obesity is responsible for many problems its not a secret. It should be obvious that being obese is not positive. So we should all strive to be fit and healthy. Being obese costs billions in healthcare.

0|0
    0|0
  • Middle ground. Don't need to join a gym and be beach ready , don't want a heart attack at 50 or be infirm.
    I try to fit some exercise into my life.

0|1
    0|0
  • People have every right to love themselves period. They can love themselves reaching their goal weight. They can love their Buddha bellies. Who tf is another to tell someone it's NOT okay to love yourself? How cocky, arrogant and psychotic is that? Being fit, is NOT the whole of health!! It's a portion of health yes, but some of the fit bloggers are finally coming out about how destructive and unhappy they were identifying with their damn bodies.. Binging and purging, not sleeping for days, over-obsessing for likes, the works... The image is NOT more important than true self. People act like the image is all it takes to be healthy. Total shallow bullshit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being fit is better

0|1
    0|0
  • It's healthier to be fit

0|0
    0|0
  • l dont care

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes