How do you deal with eczema?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't have it but my eldest daughter has had it most of her life. We use a combination of store-bought cortisone eczema cream and if it's one of her itchier days we give her a small dose of Children's Benadryl.

1|0
    0|0
  • Moisturizing cream (with or without drugs to help) and exposure to the sun.

If it is particularly bad or flares up for no reason, visit a doctor, there might be a minor allergy which makes it worse.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Thanks, luckily sunny days are coming up so I hope they will be of use

• Sun , moisturizer and concealer that's all I did and it went away

0|0
    0|0
  • Moisturize my skin whenever possible during the day, and definitely at night when sleeping.

0|0
    0|0
  • no deal

0|0
    0|0
  • Aveeno Eczema Therapy Daily Moisturizing Cream with Oatmeal

0|0
    0|0
  • I have an over the counter batamethasone ointment which i can use for mild itching. And a strong prescription corticosteroid ointment from my dermatologist which I use for when it's not manageable with the other one.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

You haven't had any bad reactions from corticosteroids?

• 3d

I don't use it regularly. I have flare ups every now and then. The stronger prescription ointment should be used for 2 weeks max. I have flare ups on the sides of my fingers and on my knuckles. Since I have bad allergies as well I get corticosteroid shots during spring. So during the warmer months my dermatitis is under control. As soon as it gets cold and dry I moisturize my hands after each time I wash them and never use hand sanitizer, especially the liquid one with alcohol, because that's a sure way to get a flare up.

Recommended myTakes