Is this a bad way of dealing with social anxiety?

I have social anxiety and used to spend my weekends alone, but I found out that I can feel more confident at parties if I wear layers of clothes. I know it sounds crazy, but I find that if I'm wearing lots of layers I gain more confidence and become more comfortable in social situations. I don't know why, it's not about my body, it's like psychological armor.

Here is what I'm thinking of wearing to a party tonight (with jeans on top of course!)
Is this a bad way of dealing with social anxiety?

1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• That's an odd, but safe, way of dealing with it. No worries, you're not doing anything wrong here.

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Thanks, I don't know why it works psychologically but I'm actually more social and have less anxiety at parties. The only problem is that I'm at college for another 2 months and it's already warming up... :(

• 3d

You'll just need to invest in thinner material, you've got this. 👍🏻

• As long as its not affecting your health then why not. Whatever makes you comfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do whatever makes you confartable but i find wearing to many layers of clothes makes me burn up lol and i don't suffer from any kind of anxiety but do whatever makes you feel better

0|0
    0|0
  • lol it's funny, it doesn't harm you or anyone, and it makes for a good conversation starter, so not bad 🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • I do the same thing. Can’t leave my house without a sweater. It’s a good an effective way.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least you are dealing with it. Unusual way, has some sense tho.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say it's silly but tbh there are much worst ways so nice 1 hun ✌🏽

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks great!!

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

lol, it's not about how it looks, it's like a psychological armor, and i honestly don't know why it works...

• 3d

Ok sorry

• Nah you’re fine. Just don’t over heat

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Thanks. It's nice to be able to talk to people, but honestly it's getting warmer and warmer out and I don't know what to do :(

• Show All
    • 3d

Thanks, last week I tried going without leggings under my jeans at a party and I had to leave early, I couldn't handle the anxiety :(

• 3d

It happens babe. Try getting a scrip for Xanax

• You must be so warm in there!

0|0
    0|0
  • It's better than other coping methods. As long as you're not overheating and stay hydrated, it won't necessarily hurt you. You should treat the root of the problem first though if you haven't already.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes