Is running the best way to lose weight and burn body fat or is it weight lifting?

I know that the diet matters too lol I know what to eat I could eat leaves all day as long as I get a little bit of meat. But what I'm confused about is if running burns more body fat than weight lifting because all I can do is run since I can't go to the gym. I'm not overweight I just have a little double chin that I want to get rid of and I'm not as skinny as I want to be.
I meant walking and running because I can't run the whole time

1241

Most Helpful Girls

• Weights give more strength, but do little for weight loss and stamina.

When you run, you are, of course, burning calories. If you run for say an hour, stop for a minute of two every 15-20 minutes. Your body will learn to keep burning gals ready for the next run, and eventually it will burn cals for quite a time after you have finished just in case you start running again!

• I should add that living at home, when not at uni, I am a few metres from a sea front promenade that is 3 miles long, plus another 2 miles over a common, also by the sea. Wonderful to run the whole distance every morning!

• Do both. I recemmend 3 intense sessions of 30-60 minutes, one session of 30 minute intense jump roping, a session of 60 minute weight lifting and body weight exercises, and a 30 minute session ofcardio of choixe and stretching for flexibility

Most Helpful Guys

• To lose weight, any kind of cardio is good - running, walking, elliptical or stairstep machines, jumping rope, bicycling - anything that keeps your heart rate up.

Lifting weights causes your muscles to grow, which will contribute to fat loss but you may not lose weight - you might even gain weight - as muscle tissue is denser (and thus heavier per volume) than fat.

• Combine but since you sound like skinny fat you're better off doing some lifting to change your body composition. Also skipping rope is better than running.

• I don't have rope

• So running walking and dieting alone won't be enough?

• Oh no, diet is the most important thing in losing fat. Lifting tones your body by putting on some muscle on you and it also burns fat. Cardio is good for your heart and burning fat, more effective if it's HIIT. (High intensity)