Has anybody had any luck treating tmj?

I’ll admit the situation, I gave my boyfriend oral for a very long time last night and now my jaw is messed up.

When I try to chew it makes a loud popping sound on the left side and is incredibly painful.

I can’t eat. It even hurts when I’m not moving it.

Has this happened to anybody else? Has anybody had any luck treating tmj?

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I have and have had bad bouts of TMJ. One huge no-no is opening your mouth wider than natural. This puts pressure of that small cartlidge disc that sits between the jaw joint. I have had it so bad 9that it gave me migraines. If this is just this incident then I would apply hot compresses to that side. Like someone previously mentioned NSAIDs like Ibuprofen are best. Try to avoid opening your mouth in any manner that stretches it beyond the normal width. If you eat apples cut them up. No chewing sinewy tough meat. No big or high profile sandwiches or burgers. In 2014, I had a TMJ flare so bad that I had to seek treatment. TMJ treatment is usually not covered by insurance. I spent $5K for special custom Mora mouth splints that specially positioned my TMJ to allow it to heal. It worked well but it was extremely expensive.

2|0
    0|0
    • 2 d ago

Most helpful opinion without a doubt.

• You need to rest your jaw. Try not to eat food that needs to be chewed, like yogurt, soup, oatmeal, eggs, mashed potatoes, etc. Smoothies are good too

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to rest your jaw as much as possible. Using a hot or cold compress against the jaw joint 4 times a day can help the muscles to relax. Anxiety and stress will exacerbate the symptoms as you tend to tense up subconsciously.

2|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I had this happened to me, not from giving oral though...
    • apply cool or moist heat packs, an ice cube to your temple (this will numb the nerve) for 10 mins.
    • talk to a pharmacist. He/she can cross check allergies, other medications etc and give you an over the counter NSAID to help.
    • eat soft foods.

P. s. you don't have to tell your pharmacist how you got that. Tell him you are clenching your teeth and had this before but don't remember what meds you took

1|0
    0|0
  • You don't have TMJ from one BJ. Take Ibuprofen, drink smoothies, lay off if for a while. You'll be fine.

Take more breaks next time, and stop when you get sore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never heard of this happening from giving oral before, but there are lots of things I've never heard of before.

0|0
    0|0
  • Massage it and just relax it'll go away

1|0
    0|0
  • It comes and goes

1|0
    0|0
  • Sucks a dick

0|0
    0|0
  • When you're giving oral and it's started to clunk/hurt/feel stiff, you should stop and tell him why. I'm sure he wouldn't like to think that you're suffering for giving oral.
    Also, don't open your jaw fully, keep it relatively closed with your teeth close to his penis. Opening your jaw fully repeatedly can cause this issue. You can work around it.
    This happens to me when I give oral for a long time or I'm opening the jaw too wide repeatedly. I stop if I feel it happening. Continuing will just inflame the area and leave you hurting like you are.
    If it doesn't get better in the next few days, you should see your doctor.

1|0
    0|0
  • Now eat from the down ⬇.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2 d ago

That made no sense.

• Show All
    • 2 d ago

Tmj is a short version of saying an injury or dysfunction of the joint that connects your jaw to your skull.

• 2 d ago

Ok
      Thanks for information

Recommended myTakes