What area of your body is your most dreaded area to exercise and why?

For me its the shoulders, Just an area I try to maintain. Never could grown them and tend to injure the most and easiest on my body.
  • Anything core. Just kills me
    Vote A
  • Forearms, (just can t see the change enough)
    Vote B
  • Glut or buttock area exercises
    Vote C
  • Whats your most dreaded area to exercise and why?Chest
    Vote D
  • Whats your most dreaded area to exercise and why?Thighs (already to big, don't want to grow them, to hard to work at...)
    Vote E
  • Calves
    Vote F
  • Arms and shoulders
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
5 d ago
I dont dread leg day because I like the results and accustomed myself to the type of pain and energy it takes
3 d ago
I am surprised to see the men not selecting thighs in the pole and selecting arms more often. I was expecting them to say thighs cause it closest reflects reality in the gym.

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Legs, for sure. I was just starting to get used to working them, starting to enjoy leg day. But I got a pulled hamstring and also pateller tendonitis. So. Fuck.

I was also doing deep squats, namely. Ass to grass. Might have put too much stress on my knee and thigh. :( Haven't been able to do leg exercises for 3 months.

Shoulders are the most easily injured body part, as it's the only multi-directional joint in the body. With a huge range of motion, a lot of things can damage the shoulder. You want to be really careful with internal rotation with elevation. And you want to make sure, like, if you do lateral raises, that you don't go above shoulder, because that reduces the subacromial space and allows for shit to get pinched in there.

The most easily injured body parts in order are:
    Shoulders
    Lower back
    Knees :*(

So for exercises that work those, you want to be extra careful and know exactly what you need to do to avoid injury.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say Abs, because it just feels so much different compared to workout out other muscles, like I don't use as much weight, compared to something like pressing, it's just more body weight.

Plus, I don't think I have a low enough body fat percentage for my abs to be visible all the time too, though you can see a little bit of definition there.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• As a female, arms and shoulders. My legs progress very nicely. But my arms and shoulders... got I hate it. Especially 'cause I get easily tired doing my arms/shoulders compared to my legs. It's a dreaded excercise for me. But I constantly remind myself: if you don't do it you will eventually drop back down from 14kg to 5kg or less. So yeah I keep pushing myself despite it all...

0|0
    0|0
  • I will be honest, I have excercised in a while but I think it would definitely be my stomach and thighs. One cause the stomach is usally the last thing to go and two after doing squats my thighs are so for like 5 days max and durning those days i can't even squat anymore. That's how painful it is. I know people say you just keep doing it anyway but i'm very sensitive to pain.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you haven't already, try wide grip bench presses and standing flys. They seem to do the trick for traps, and delts. I don't like working out my legs. It is such a large muscle group I can never seem to be get enough energy and food, if I am lifting with my legs. I run and bike instead. Oh and thanks for inspiring me. I am sitting here on stupid GAG procrastinating my work out. Now I am getting up and doing it. ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe neck training. It's pretty uncomfortable to me to have sore neck muscles the next day. I train it nowadays because I'm into some extreme sports (mainly skateboarding on vert ramps) and take lots of falls and having a reasonably strong neck is important to avoid injuries.

0|0
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

Among the ones you listed, maybe delts (front/medial/rear). Those muscles are kind of small but get pretty sore for me, especially with the range of motion our shoulders have.

• The hardest part to train for me are the forearms, but only in one position. When you're reverse bench pressing and have to pull the weight up towards you. That's the, as of yet, weakest part of my muscles, but it's getting better. Lifting dumbbells in general I have no problem with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hate doing squats its the worst because i have to lift 150-200lbs on my damn shoulders in 3 sets with 8-12 reps and by the time i get done with that after i did the military presses of 120-150lbs with 3 sets and 8-12 reps im wiped out at that point. So as a breather i do cardio for 20 minutes or so then on the freeweights to do bicep curls then the damn butterfly presses then the arm pullups then more cardio for another 20 minutes then the benchpresses then more cardio

0|0
    0|0
  • I dread exercising in general, so I don't exercise. Yet somehow I still manage to be 10 pounds UNDERweight because I eat less than recommended (not purposely; I just don't get hungry as often as most people)

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted arms. Stomach is annoying but not too bad. Arms are probably the most painful part for me to exercise.

0|0
    0|0
  • Legs... You get so worn out, such large muscles... I feel my immune system weak sometimes after a heavy leg day
    too many muscle tears, needs a lot more calories to speed up recovery

0|0
    0|0
  • Legs, I have to stand for 6 hours at work every day.
    It sucks ass. If I do squats the day before Its really excruciating at work.

1|0
    0|0
  • Abs. It's not that it kills me it's that I never seem to actually make myself feel like I am working them. There is also the fact that I rarely can be bothered to drop my fat% so low that they show nicely.

0|0
    0|0
  • My big belly because it jiggles around like crazy when I do cardio and when I do sit-ups it’s in the way

0|0
    0|0
  • I have Nice Thighs, But it Takes Like LOTS OF WORK. lolxxoo

0|0
    0|0
  • calves are hard to train, cramps and spasm after training are worse then everywhere else. Deep tissue massage on calves is a torment.

0|0
    0|0
  • My belly grows fat =( Can't wait i leave my contract so I can spend time to get back in shape.

0|0
    0|0
  • legs. simply cause i don't like training them xD it's uncomfortable. i know exercise isn't supposed to be uncomfortable but i do actually enjoy training all other parts of my body.

0|0
    0|0
    • 5 d ago

also the top layer of fat on my belly is apparently the last area my body decides to remove fat on -.- i was already down to 18% body fat and my abs still barely showed a hint of existence -.-

• My core, still have that damn jiggle. Either I don't work it out enough, or it's because I have an apple/spoon shaped body, I don't know. More than likely I don't work out enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to be okay with doing ab workouts but now it just hurts really bad. And it's a weird pain.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your shoulders may not be the problem, more likely it's the rotator cuffs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Anyone who knows fitness amd works out knows leg day is the worst of them all!

0|0
    0|0
  • Forearms I guess? My thumb is messed up so that doesn't make it any better.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

Thighs? I stopped doing leg workouts years and years ago. Dont get me wrong I should more than most workouts, but when a guy can potentially leg press 1000lbs, why do more? Why push myself and potentially badly injure myself for nothing? I think being strong to push a car by myself is good enough.

As for my arms and doing workouts, I have to grab weight any old which way and use my arms doing whatever other random workout that isn't supposed to use them bicept muscles anyways. My grip strength can be weak.

I generally do good with everything when I worked out a lot. 3 sets of 10, always on every workout, except pullups.

• 3 d ago

OH yeah, this is very good for biceps... What area of your body is your most dreaded area to exercise and why? This is how I was able to curl a 75Lb dumb bell after training a lot.

• People who say they like leg day are people who've never squatted 2x+ their weight for reps

0|0
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

That's because most people in the gym have no idea what they're doing. I researched for 2 weeks before I started.

• I am in good Shape except for the classic man belly πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

0|0
    0|0
  • Thighs for sure. Leg day is never fun πŸ’œ

0|0
    0|0
  • Calves and arms.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hard to work on I got big thighs as it is

0|0
    0|0
  • Just my core and stomach, the rest is no big deal

0|0
    0|0
  • everywhere on my body really grows quick. i dont dread any except i am cursed with laziness cuz i rarely go

0|0
    0|0
  • Abs, because its boring. I don't want huge abs, so I don't want to add a bunch of weight.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

Thighs? Hell no. Leg days are my favorite. Yesterday was heavy leg day, and Thursday is light.

Recommended myTakes