My sleep needs serious help?

I've always been a night owl. Not necessarily by choice, just always had a hard time falling asleep. But it's gotten to a point where it's ridiculous and I don't know what else to do.
Last night i put my phone away, put a sleep mask on, and tried to fall asleep. I laid there for hours. I tried all the tricks I know, I don't know how many times I counted up and down from 100.
The last time I looked at the clock it was 5:21, I fell asleep shortly after that.
Normally I sleep through all my alarms and don't wake up until 2pm. This morning I was able to force myself up around 11:30, but I've been miserable and dragging all day.

I can't keep going on this way. I'm sick of sleeping my life away, having no energy or motivation to do anything.

How do I fix this? How do I get myself on a more normal sleeping schedule? Preferably without resorting to sleeping pills.
My sleep needs serious help?
5
1