Why do I look older than my age:( ?

hipsterchey3
I’m 20 years old and since I was 14-15 people always assumed I was 18-19 and now at 20 people think I’m like 27 or older. I am a little overweight but I’m not morbidly obese. This year I have dropped 15-20 pounds and I think my weight could have something to do with looking older because I carry most of my weight in my midsection. And I never dressed as an older person in my teens because I usually wear regular T-shirts, hoodies and jeans. And I also think people assume I’m older because I don’t get much sleep sometimes since I’m in school and it kinda shows in my face. I drink plenty of water and have been eating healthy and sleeping 9-10 hours, but my skin and face seems to not wanna look younger. I know I shouldn’t be so focused on trying to look a certain way but sometimes the comments and weird looks I get from people can be annoying. And in no way I’m doing this for other people it’s for myself because I just wanna feel confident and actually look my age and help fight my anxiety.

Oh and lastly I highly doubt it has to do with genetics because most of my family do look their age if not maybe by 2-3 years older but that’s it..
Why do I look older than my age:( ?
4
0