Is this a healthy thought process (for someone who suffers from social anxiety) to have?

Sonorous
Okay, so I have a severe social anxiety disorder. I don't wanna go into any detail concerning the specifics of my personal life. I just wanna talk about this concept:

So I recently noticed that if I belittle people in my mind, I'll feel more confident in myself. I know, I know. That sounds bad... 😂 But I don't mean "belittle" as in, insult them or view them as revolting. I just mean to reduce their social importance to a lower tier-level than mine. Similar to how a boss would view his/her employees.

Because, I often get so caught up in my mind about the way I'm coming across that I don't even realize, most people aren't even worth the worry! I tried the whole "we're all equals" thing (as a concept), but it just doesn't resonate as well in my head. And don't worry, I have no problem verbally or physically treating people like equals. That's easy to do. I just find it hard to not default to viewing myself as inferior to others. So having that feeling of superiority just lets me access my confidence more easily.

Again, I'm very conscious about the way I treat people, so I will never verbally or physically treat anyone as lower than me in real life. I'm not a dick! 😂 It just helps in conceptual form. What's your take on this? Do you think I need a different method? Have you ever done this? If not, what do you do?

Photo by "chuttersnap" on Unsplash
Yes, I think it is healthy.
No, I don't think it's healthy.
GirlGuy
0
4