Can a person with SCHIZOPHRENIA know tat there delusions and hallucinations aren't real and keep them a secret from other people?

SomeGUYonGAG
I've been suffering symptoms of Schizophrenia for years and I'm still working up the courage to see a psychiatrist and get a proper diagnosis.

My last active phase was in October-November last year. I had trouble controlling my emotions and became sad, angry or joyful randomly for no reason. I kept slipping in and out of reality, at one moment my mind is here, then next it's in a different plain of existence. I kept thinking that my cat was captured by the government and replaced with a robotic replica that will spy on me, so I didn't let my cat come in my room. I would see an older person and think that it's me from the future when they invented time machines and future me usedone to come here and look at younger me. I kept hearing voices that told me thing I didn't want to hear and to do horrible things, I also would hear footsteps and bangs that aren't there. I saw a fast moving circle of light that wasn't a flashlight, I saw a bunch people peaking through bushes and trees like they were spying on me.

In the past:

I dropped out of school because I thought the government was using it to brainwash people

I once refused to drink water or brush my teeth because I thought the government was using chemicals to control my mind

My most common delusion is that there's and evil demon within me and I have to keep it contained, this one's exhausting

I slept all day and stood up all night because I believed that there was a demon that comes to my room at night to kill me in my sleep (I don't beleive in ghost)

I thought I was the second coming of Jesus Christ (before I became an Atheist)

I thought I was Apoe, God of the Stars (also before Atheism)

I would hear voices telling me awful things and demanding me to do awful things.

These are just most common. I didn't really list visual hallucinations because they're hard to explain.

I never told anyone out of fear.
Can a person with SCHIZOPHRENIA know tat there delusions and hallucinations arent real and keep them a secret from other people?
0
5