Is it better to do Intermittent Fasting or the One-Meal-A-Day diet to loose belly fat and get a smaller waist?

Anonymous
I've had really stubborn belly fat since I was younger and it's been really difficult to get rid of. I'm not big or overweight, i'm at an average size and BMI it's just I really want to get rid of this belly fat and get a bigger butt and hips. When I was going to the gym I was doing a combination of cardio and strength training my glutes and abs. I've noticed that my butt did get slightly bigger and plump but it's not where I would like it to be and my waist is still pretty much the same. Since the gyms are closed because of the quarantine I've been working out at home, i figured that I can't get a bigger butt without equipment and weights so I've been mostly doing HIIT and ab exercises with some glute exercises. Dieting is really difficult for me but i'm determined to get a flat stomach, I've done some research and I've determined that I need to be on a strict diet in order to achieve my goal. My waist measurement is about 28in in the morning when i don't eat anything but because of belly fat and bloating it looks bigger and comes to about 30 in during the end of the day. I want to get rid of the belly fat and eventually have my waist be about 26 or 27in. My hips are about 37in but when the gyms open back up i plan to do intense glute exercises for a 39in hip measurement and eat a protein rich diet. However for now to get rid of belly fat should I just eat one meal a day or do intermittent fasting? Which is more efficient and how long will it take?
6
3