Does smoking weed trigger tachycardia (fast heart rate) in regular smokers?

Anonymous
I know smoking weed can increase your heart rate, and it's a quite common side effect, but, is it normal to happen every time a regular smoker does it?

My partner smokes a little bit of weed daily, and his heart rate always increases every time he smokes since some months ago, which I don't know if it's normal, I don't smoke it myself. I find it strange because I know a lot of other regular weed smokers that never experienced that kind of effect, maybe a slight increase in heart rate for some time, or even sporadically triggering a really bad tachycardia, but not this. My partner has been experiencing more than 120/130 bpm laying down, for more than an hour so, I don't think it's very normal but he really doesn't think much of it at all so I don't know how common it is or not... he's otherwise healthy, not overweight, and his usual HR would be around 75bpm
0
2