Has anyone else ever had a lymph node pop up after a bad cold and stay there?

beaves11
A little over a year and a half ago I had bad chest cold. After antibiotics I noticed I had a chain of 8 lymph nodes palpable in the left side of my neck and along the front left of my neck going under my chin. Not terribly big, feel like a pea or bean with no pain but definitely not there before. Doctor ran blood all normal or close to it, ultrasound showed largest to be 1.7 cm but not terribly large. Sent me to an ENT who felt them and said he wasn’t worried at all but the only way to truly rule out cancer is a biopsy excision which they never did. Even when I got a second opinion they said it was odd but fine most likely.

anyway docs said it isn’t uncommon for lymph nodes to sometimes remain permanently enlarged following infection and they think that’s all it is. But I’ve never heard of anyone else having that. Does anyone here have a few nodes that can felt somewhere following infection or that they’ve had a long time? I guess I just want to sure this is common like they say, maybe I’m just hyper vigilant.
Yes I have some I can feel
I guess I’ve never felt around for them
No I never have
Vote C
GirlGuy
2
0