Why am I allergic to pollen? Where can I move that won’t have pollen in the future? Should I get my tonsils removed to mitigate the discomfort?

This was literally me outside doing yard work today with my mom for three hours. By the end of my time, I felt light headed and exhausted. I wore the glasses so my eyes wouldn’t get irritated, and I didn’t wear the mask initially so my throat became severely irritated and within 20 minutes I had to get the mask and several cough drops. I didn’t wear the mask over my nose, because it caused my glasses to fog up. I also had to blow my nose and sneezed consistently throughout the day. Coincidently, the weather itself was great on the other hand despite my experience.

I am wondering why I am so allergic to pollen in the first place. It seems to be a fairly common allergy among people, based on all the TV adds for allergy related medication every spring, but I am still wondering exactly why it is a thing. Also my family has lived in New England for most of our lives and yet I still haven’t adapted. I would expect that generations of family presence in a region would cause ones genes to adapt, or lead to survival of the fittest. Yet despite that every single year I am the only one in my family still struggling with allergy related symptoms like the runny nose and sore throat and I always have to take pills to try and alleviate them.

While I was working, I also noticed my tonsils getting sore. The same thing also happens whenever I get sick from a regular cold. Do the tonsils actually do anything useful? Is it painless to have them removed? I’d like to mitigate unnecessary pain ofc.

I would like to move to another place in the future that doesn’t have pollen. Would this be at all possible? Or is it that different places have different trees which produce different types of pollen that we react to differently? I know for a fact that I am severely allergic to pine trees during pollination season, as well as the deciduous ones with leaves. However would moving to someplace like Florida or New Mexico fix the issue? The warmer climate regions have more palm trees.
0
3