Im scared about my upcoming hospital stay. Can anyone answer a couple of questions?

Anonymous
Im having surgery on my lower abdomen/pelvis in about 5 days and I'm getting so so nervous. This will be my first time in hospital.

There is 2 things I'm really nervous about.
1: What does general anaesthetic feel like? When they inject the drugs will I feel myself getting sleepy or feeling weird or will I just instantly switch off? How long does it take to fall asleep? What does it feel like when you start waking up?

2: This one is really awkward and gross. But I'm going to be bed bound for a few days. I presume they will insert a catheter for pee but what happens when I need to poop? how does that work?
I'm sorry if these are stupid questions but I'm so nervous. The dr has told me lots about the surgery but I don't really have any information about the logistics of hospital.
1
1