Why are people so Adamant on Getting Rid of Acne when, According to My other Question, (link is below) It Doesn't Bother People Too Much?

Story time! I saw a dermatologist yesterday. He said that I should be depressed because my acne is "so bad". I told him it used to be worse & it's been improving, but his reply was, "It was more worse than this? God!" He wanted me to take a medication that can cause severe pain in one's stomach, chest, or lower abdomen, heartburn, joint and muscle pain, eyesight trouble, and liver damage. So, I really don't want to take that. I got enough issues. I don't need more added by taking that. That got him mad, saying that's the only thing that will help me. (I don't think so. I want to get a second opinion.) His nurse later told me mine isn't all that bad & that I don't need to take such a severe medication. Her's used to be like mine, she said, & she told me she didn't take that stuff. She also apologized about his cut downs to me. When I asked this question here: A Girl with a Great Body & Pretty Face, but Bad Acne. Thoughts? no one acted anywhere near like he did. The dermatologist seemed like he wanted me to feel less of a person because of acne. Does that seem right to you? He said it will be hard for me to get people to talk to me. Nonsense, people talk to me just fine. But then again, I suppose it makes sense for him to say all that, it's his line of work.

Over all, my question is: Why do people talk big on how looks are important, but apparently, due to my other question, ache or blemishes don't seem to be a huge deal at the same time? I'm pretty confused. (I will surely try to take more steps for it to improve, but don't want to get obsessive over it.) Have any insight for me please?

Thanks in advance.
9
4