Is it possible to be addicted to processed foods?

Anonymous
Before I met my current boyfriend 3 1/2 years ago my kids and I only ate healthy foods with a very rare occasion of anything processed. Mainly due to the fact that obesity runs in my family and I didn't want to chance myself or my babies suffering the same fate. So while my weight fluctuated constantly, I still stayed between 120 to 135 pounds. My children's metabolism run high so they have always been petite. However, my boyfriend, who also comes from an obese family, grew up eating nothing but processed foods and was slightly overweight when I met him. Nothing severe but at least 30lbs overweight. In the beginning I was able to maintain my healthy food intake and my boyfriend seemed to enjoy it as well. He lost the extra weight within the course of about 6 months. Little by little he started bringing processed foods home. I was working full time at this point and he had my children during the day. He started feeding them nothing but mac n cheese, ramen noodles, pizza and chicken nuggets. I didn't have a problem with this at first because it didn't seem to have any detrimental effects on my children. However, now it has gotten to a point where that is all my kids and him want, ever. My boyfriend is currently up to about 250lbs and I personally have put on easily 40lbs myself because he does all of the grocery shopping and buys nothing but processed foods. I have brought it up to him and told him we need to cut out most of the processed and start eating healthier and get our bodies back into shape. He says he is on board with this but never acts on it. Seeing that he isn't serious, I have simply stopped eating what he purchases. I will make myself a salad or white rice. Small portions equivalent to what I should be eating. He gets angry and says I am starving myself and that I think he is gross and fat, which isn't true. He always takes it as a attack on him. What can I do here?
Is it possible to be addicted to processed foods?
Add Opinion