Girls, what do I do when OTC pain medicine doesn't work on my cramps?

angelgirl7
I've been getting my period since I was 11 years old and from the beginning I've had horrible cramps.
I used to be able to take baby aspirin and they'd go away, when that stopped working I started taking Tylenol or Ibuprofen, now I'm taking the extra strength stuff and it doesn't seem to touch my pain.
My cramps blindside me, they start as soon as I start bleeding. They start in my abdomen before spreading down my legs, up my back, into my hips, and pelvic area.
I've tried so many home remedies. Drinking more water only seemed to make things worse, exercising regularly didn't seem to do anything, different foods and pressure points have done nothing, today I even tried sticking a whiskey soaked cotton ball in my belly button... it didn't work.
The only thing that works is to pop some pain killers and lay down with a heating pad for a couple hours. That used to work right away, I'd usually start feeling better within and hour and could move on with my day. Now that takes over an hour to work and they don't stay away for long.

I've asked different doctors I've been to who seemed to think it's normal so maybe I'm just being a baby. But with each month I'm starting to feel worse and in more pain, and I don't know what to do anymore.
3