To all my social drinker friends, has drinking ever randomly started to become a chore versus a fun activity?

DestinyElizabeth04
So I have been drinking socially since I was 15. Never had a problem with drinking, hardly ever became hungover, etc. However, now that I am older (27) I have noticed that it is harder and harder to actually have a good time while I am under the influence. This is rare, because I only drink maybe once every 3 to 4 weeks, if that, but when I do drink socially I almost always become sick after the first drink.

My throat feels super thick with mucus (no matter what I drink) and I just have that sickly, gross feeling in my chest, throat and stomach. It sucks because I do enjoy drinking socially and when I am able to catch a buzz, I have a damn good time.

Do you know what could cause this?
10
1