Do you believe in science or believe more in what other people say even if those people do not have the experience or knowledge to back it up?

kitty71
A lot has been said about the Hydroxychloroquine for the COVID-19. Some doctors believe it can treat the virus others doctors do not suppor it as there not real 100% fool proof it can cure it, as many studies had been done but still no final results whether it can really work for this virus or not so since it has not been really approved people should refrain to self medicate it to treat the virus cause it can cause the person side effects. A friend of mine is a doctor and told me no way , the thing is toxic and in the long run it can harm your liver and kidney among other effects. Based on this there is a lady friend of mine who is a professional lawyer and who seems like a serious person and works in a serious law firm. We were texting yesterday about randome things and she told me she was vacationing with her mom (who is by the way diabetic) in a hotel that it is very clean so she is not worried about getting the virus, that easy. but also she told me this: "My father, my mom and myself are taking hydroxychlorquine for the COVID cause it can cure the virus". Then I was like "What? Then I responded: Friend, a female doctor friend of mine told me the use of that is not authorized in our country or in other countries by any physician or our Health Ministry either and I added that that there are still some studies to really confirm if that thing works for the Covid itself ". A few minutes later she responded me again and told me: "Well that is what people want to believe that it does not work but some of my friends (who are not doctors by the way) are taking the medication and one was cured from COVID 24 hrs after he took the medication" I mean if he really was cured then why the medication is not been considered as a 100% solid proof cure and be distributed around the globe? I guess there are still studies pending to confirm that I assume.
1 mo
I was like a bit in shock to believe how naive she was, that she believed more in what her friends told her than to believe in a scientific person who has studied Medicine for years and has medical experience and knowledge to support their theories. Also i was a bit surprised that this lady being a professional lawyer working in a serious law firm is naive on this.

In my personal case I will believe more in a doctor than what any friend who has no medical background of any kind says to me.
1 mo
But this friend since I know here is one of those people who believes anything about everything, she believes she has the ultimate word and she is experienced on many life subjects
16
1