Is it beneficial or not to stick to only type of sports discipline in order to stay in shape and fit?

kitty71
I had heard several fitness instructors that the body needs to do different type of things l for example cardio (the many types of sports discipline that involve cardio), lifting weights, strenght training, I mean a summary of different type of disciplines (the ones you like and enjoy doing it) is very beneficial, but if you only stick just to one, there will be a time that your body reaches a plateau and it gets stuck there and then if you keep doing it the same, your body is so used to it, it won't change anymore as you are not challenge your body enough to make changes and the body needs some challenges from time to time to function. I dont know if Im 100% of what Im saying but I do know that some fitness instructors, physical educaiton teachers and some trainers had mentioned something about that before.

Now all sports disciplines that makes you move are beneficial to your body sure and if you different ones the better Im sure but there are people who lets say get stuck in only working out in one disicpline and dont like to challenge or does not want to do other stuff cause they say what they do is all they need and it is enough, they dont need something else to challenge their bodies and the sports disicpline they practice is the best sport out there and other sports can't live up for it.

I have an acquaintance that she only runs and that is all she does. I mean running is good im not saying it is not it has benefits. SO her exericse of choice is running and that is all she does as cardio, she does not lift weights, she does not do strenght training, tone her muscles by doing funcitonal training or lift some weights, she only do running, period.
1 mo
She question other people who question her that say she needs to practice other things as well at the same time as running, she gets upset because she says running is her passion and life, and that other sports or exercise disciplines do not motivate her to switch her running, cause in running you get evertything you need: you loose weight, you tone your muscles, heart healthy and you build mass (do you really build muscle mass in running?)
5
0