Anyone on here in the medical field?

I have a case of jock itch that won't go away (2 plus years now). I've been to the doctor and tried a few prescriptions. Last time I went he basically told me there was nothing left to do. The prescriptions work for as long as I'm using them, but when I stop it's only a matter of time before it comes back. So am I just supposed to keep using it for the rest of my life? lol It was weird to because the time I went to see him (before last) he suggested an oral medication to try (if what he gave me didn't work). So when I reminded him of that, he said no that it wasn't for what I have? wtf? lol I'm wondering if I should go back and get him to refer me to a dermatologist maybe? What do you guys think or what would you do? It's hard for me to get the free time to even go see him, so this is really frustrating for me. It's also hard for me to time the symptoms to show up with my appointments. Every time I go it looks fine because it hasn't come back yet lol.
Anyone on here in the medical field?
Add Opinion