Are you satified with the amount of touch you recieve in your life on a day to day basis?

KingofCups
Social Touch is important for all mammals, especially during early development, and well into adulthood it continues to be essential to the daily physical and emotional well-being of primates and humans throughout their lifespans.

Touch has a more immediate impact than words, “because it is physical and leads to a chain of bioelectric and chemical changes that basically relax the nervous system.”

Touch facilities bonding, promotes wellbeing, and reveals information about our emotion state and motivations.

Embracing, Hugging, Carressing, and Kissing are the primary ways in which people communicate affection, passion, and intimacy.

It is not surprising that touch deprivation has significant adverse effects on human wellbeing, being associated with increased anxiety, violence, depression, and hypervigilance.

Finally how do you feel about the fact that: "Social-cultural trends in America have focused for decades on reducing touch.”
- Jay Skidmore Chairman of Psychology at Seattle Pacific University
I'm man and I'm satisfied with the amount of touch in my life
I'm a woman and I'm satisfied with the amount of touch in my life
I'm a man and I'd like more physical touch in my life
Vote C
I'm a woman and I'd like more physical touch in my life
Vote D
GirlGuy
1 mo
Do you touch your smartphone more frequently than you touch other people?
4
5