Why are people trying to convince themselves overweight is okay?

MrEM4N
Here's the deal. If you're fat, you're fat. This whole "beautiful in every size and shape" thing is a nice idea but lets get to the root of the issue. When you're overweight it means you're out of shape and not living a healthy lifestyle. So when I say I'm not attracted to someone because they're overweight it's because you're unhealthy. Not because your stretch marks are unattractive. Real men don't care about stretch marks. On the flip side, that doesn't mean skinny people are all healthy, it just means unhealthy skinny people are hiding their unhealthiness better than overweight people are.

Instead of trying to lose weight so you'll be pretty or handsome, how about people start trying to lose weight for the real reason: because it's healthy. If feels like the true purpose for being skinny and in shape has been lost in the volumes of self denial articles sitting on magazine racks. Any thoughts on the matter?
Updates:
+1 y
If you're rocking a plus size figure and you're healthy, all the power to you. There are plus sized models out there that are extremely attractive and in shape, so I'm not saying it's not possible. This message is for the unhealthy overweight out there who secretly know they shouldn't keep eating fried foods but look for excuses to stay out of shape and continue to live a lazy, lethargic lifestyle without any concern for the implications on what it's doing to their health.
Why are people trying to convince themselves overweight is okay?
Add Opinion