1 mo

What will be the best choice to give a Christmas present to these people?

Last week I met for the first time the parents of a dear friend (crush) of mine who died suddenly 5 months ago at the age of 47. The parents liked to meet me because they never knew I was friend of their son or even knew of my existence. My friend may had mentioned me to his mom but never told her really who I was or anything about me. Go figure I never knew why he did that if we were friends anyway.

The thing I met the parents last Saturya and they really seem to like me and got along well with me. The mother told me she would had wished her son and I ended up together but for her son mental issue he was a little surly of women, he liked to be alone, no drama with women, etc even if he dated women in the past ( even a divorced lady with 2 kids) he was never a committment type of guy.. I guess his bipolarity disorder pull him away from dating or having a normal girlfriend. Before my crush died he was single for quite sometime, living by himself (he had ben living by himself for soem years now) and not dating anyone.

Anyway. The parents seem like a nice people and I feel for them, they are senior citizens. They both live alone, their 2 other sons do not live in the house, cause one is married and the other ended up living with his girlfriend (who by the way also has 2 kids from a previous relationship). It seems noone visit them often like friends or other relatives (with the panmdemic now even less) so they ar practically alone and do not even have a car either. They both do not have like a very strong bond with their other 2 remaining sons, their relationship is a bit odd. One of her sons do not even let his daughter to see theri grandparents cause the mother of the girl simply do not like that, she is a nasty bitch. And she is the only grandkid these folks have,

So I want to give them a Christmas gift and mail it to their house as I dont have a car I want the gift to be delivered. My first choice was a sugar free Christmas fruit cake (the father is
1 mo
diabetic so he eats little sugar) but purchase the cake online to a bakery close to where they live and have it delivered to their house. The issue her is that I dont get to see the cake myself in person before delivery, so there wotn be a personalized card attach to the cake. And the cake will have the bakery business name stamped on it, a bit less personal. My second choice I was thinking was to buy the cake myself (it does not have to be necessarily a fruit cake it could be other kind) but
1 mo
that way I can see what Im buying and I can buy a card and write a personalized message to them but in this case I have to find a delivery boy to deliver the gift but in this case I buy the cake , write a personalized Christmas message.

The folks seem to have like me and since it was my first meeting last Satruday with them I brought h im some cookies for the coffee time. Maybe I could had been the daughter in law they wish they had, who knows.
3
1