1 mo

Is it really an obligation to give gifts on Christmas, especially now with this whole pandemic issue?

I mean even before the pandemic and for hundreds of years people give gifts to family, friends, coworkers, their kids, etc. on Christmas. I am aware that is nice to receive things from your friends or other people sure and we have to be thankful for it. Some give fancy gifts, the ones who can afford to buy pricey things, others with less income give not so fancy gifts but at then a gift is a gift and it has to be appreciated whether is very expensive or not. Some deserve to receive good gifts others not so much and that is life.

Small kids are the ones who enjoy most receiving gifts from everyone they are naive on the reason why people give them gifts.

But is it really mandatory to give gifts even if they are aimed to your love and care ones? I mean isn't just the presence of the person enough to make up for the gifts? Also during this pandemic I have seen people flooding stores and shops buying clothes, gifts, like the world is going to end and also as if they have a lot of money to spend. Maybe they do not have enough money but they MUST buy gifts because in Christmas you give gifts. Is it really necessary to have a brand new shirt for Christmas. can't you buy the shirt next year what is the difference in having it in Christmas than next year at any other time of the year?
I know that business draw people to buy and buy cause they dotn want to loose clients or customers they need the money coming in, so stores, and business do not give a ratz about how much you spend on them or if you dont have money. the store only needs to sell stuff period, pure commercial, just like Valentine Day, etc.

But during this pandemic issue haven't we learned that the most important thing is to be with your love ones, just be present and have a nice dinner or lunch together, enjoy time together. Gifts must be the least of our concerns but also. Many people lost their jobs, shifts reduced,
1 mo
they can't buy things like last year probably, so money is meaningless in this case to feel obligated to buy gifts. Friends and family is the most important thing. Noone had learned that being humble is a good gift. Material stuff is not so important in this unusual year.

But still this year people flock the stores to buy and buy like to is so darn important to receive a gift for Christmas. Life itself is a gift, still have a family is a gift itself.
1 mo
For example I have a cousin who for him appearances are very important and he always buy good stuff to his kids and his inmmediate family for him buying stuff of good brands and sometimes expensive makes them happy he had always been a show off, likes to impress. I mean maybe he can afford it sure, but are those really that important? He is very materialistic, even if he says other wise. He likes to impress people I know him and the sad part is that he is passing that behavior to his kids.
6
3