1 mo

What is a good gift to give an elderly couple?

Anonymous
He is 82 and diabetic. she is like 67. It is a couple that I became to care and just last week I met them for the first time ever. Due to this pandemic they dont go out of course. They had 2 sons but they visit them very little but also they dont get along super well with them. The couple never had a daughter. They had another son but died 5 months ago at 47. Their two other sons, one is married so he does not live with them, the other one live with his girlfriend and visit them but just from time to time. I was attracted to the son who died, who was always single like me but since he was a surly guy he never wanted to have a serious relationship with any women, just have them as friends, also he had some odd behavior. I was very sad when he died, we even went out a few dates casually and even slept together. The mother wanted to meet me since he died cause she never knew who I was. His son only mentioned her he met a lady he liked 5 years ago (when we first met) but that was it. I never got to met his parents ever ever until last Saturday. I think Im the daughter or o daughter in law this mother wished to have in some way. SHe felt indirectly a bond with me and according to this mother. After his son died people do not visit them to see how they are holding up, like friends of them or other relatives, zero.

I feel for them cause for what I learned during my visit last Saturday is that they feel alone, i mean their kids do nto visit them often, not even a video chat with them, becaue they dont know how to use well the technology. The mother does not even know how to use the computer well, she just use his mobile but the basic stuff. The wife it seems she end up liking me even if she never knew me before in person or never knew who I was before when the son who died was alive. These folks dont have a car either to go out fromt he house just the 2 of them to unwind their mental health for a little during this pandemic.
1 mo
I mean they are sane they do nto have mental issues but they spend most of their time at home and hardly go out. The wife is the one going out to walk the dog or buy groceries. The husband she told me do go out to banks, but after thatn he goes back home right away. They dotn ahve a social life. No visit from siblings either.

So the thing is that I want to send them a Christmas gift, something small it does not ahve to be that big or luxurious. ALso the husband is diabetic. First I wanted to
1 mo
send them (by a delivery boy) a sugar free Christmas fruit cake with a personalized card attached to it. Then I stopped by a shop earlier and saw a small ornament it can be placed on the living room table. It is a an angel with the inscription "FAITH", but it is smal iteml. There are other 3 angels with different descriptionS as well. one says LOVE, the other one FAITH and the other one "PEACE".
1
3