Women’s Day

#PressforProgress

Who is a woman in your life that has inspired you? and why?

Mine is my Mom She was born in complete poverty, and slowly worked her way up to the top!

918

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, I want to thank you for asking this question.
    Women who inspired me include
    1. Halima Aden- America's first Hijabi supermodel
    2. Benazir Bhutto - a woman who became Pakistani's prime minister twice
    3. Fatima Jinnah- sister of Pakistan's independence leader who supported her brother for 26 years
    4. Noor Jahan
    5. Fathima Kulsum- world's most beautiful Hijabi Muslim woman

What Guys Said 18

• I grew up in a... starkly different type of household. My mom was definitely not a person who should have been a parent & the same goes for my father. My aunts were cool, but never really around because of all the bullshit my parents would cause. Soooooo there wasn't a women who inspired me in my life.

• All the women in my life, grandma, my mum my auntie and my sister they taught me a lot about the world and some very usful skills for life from banking to cooking sewing and cleaning, also how to stick up for myself and not take any shit from people

• My mother, she's am extremely hard working, courageous and with one of the strongest sense of ethics I've ever seen.
    I wish I could be more like her.

• My grandma, since she raised up 4 kids during civil war when her husband died due to a bomb that stroke there house leaving the father sitting in the balcony dead infront if his wife and children. Her children were too young ( 3-7-8-12) but she managed to teach and raise her children even where her husband's family tried taking custody of the children. WAY TO GO GRANDMA!

• My mother is into her second year of battling cancer and I've seen what it's doing to her closer than everyone except my dad. I'm over there all the time, 7:00am till 7:00pm, my real life superhero.

• My grandmother, she is the kindest, most loving woman in the world. She has taught me more than I could ever hope to express in words.

• Pretty sure most people will say their mom... Mine passed away unexpectedly may 29 2017 so by far its her for me... love and miss her more than you can imagine...

• My mum because she has a good job studied and is very understanding if I explain me to her. she has a open mind sometimes and thrust me much.

• I have several.

Mainly has to be my friends. They've helped me a lot.

• My Ex. She inspired me to study psychology and sociology.

• Not one. They're all a burden on me. I hate my life. Hopefully god can save me from this agony

• My mother. Also Zelda. That woman has been through it all, it seems.

• Camille Paglia

• No one because I never lived with my mom

• My mother

• My grandmother. She was smart kind and I miss her

• My mother.

• Yup, mom

What Girls Said 8

• My aunt. She is very intelligent and shrewd and wise and powerful but still selfless and innocent and pure.

• All the girls that I was inspired by were authentic, they were confident, sporty, amazing posture and hard worker or highly focused but they constantly reminded me to value relationships with people that bring out the best in them

• my Nana.
    She was the glue that held our family together.
    She was headstrong but caring for others, at the same time.

• I've said it before on here. It was a teacher I had in 3-5 grade. She had a doctorate and math and physics, dressed very old British governess style, and was very strict, but respectful. She was on the of the best teachers I'd ever had. She liked me for me and gave me confidence in math when I had absolutely none. She was also bisexual, but she kept that very quiet. It was well known that in her free time she liked to ride horses and that she had a ranch out in the country somewhere. Later, when I moved to the Americas, so did she. She always inspired me because she was who she was when nobody else dared to be like that.

• My grandmother.

She had such humbleness that I didn’t even realise who she was until after she died.

My parents lost my brother 2 months before his 5th birthday and my mum didn’t like my grandma anyway but his death split the family. My grandmother took it with sadness but understanded (not the same with my grandpa). She was a sweet and kind lady and when I learned her life... I couldn’t believe it.

At home, she raised 2 children. Her husband was a pretentious and opinated man, the sort who the women were in the kitchen and their opinion was irrelevant.

She was actually a pianist for the Royal Navy in the second world war. She would be at the ports and would play the sailors in. She was an extremely talented musician and well respected. But her humbleness is what I admire the most. She would never put you down, she was just... she was lovely. I’m sad I only met her occasionally and she was mentally ill by then. I loved my time with her.

• My mother on the other hand makes me ashamed to be female. She is everything a woman and mother shouldn’t be

• My best friend , and her mom , her cousin and , her mom sister , and there mom
    My pastor wife
    My step grandmother
    My step aunt
    My step cousins

• One who are brave enough to come out of the closet.

• Mom for sure