Girls, how would you feel if your (future) husband shed a few tears on your wedding day (esp. when you walk down the aisle)?

I don't mean sobbing and wailing "No, anyone but her!!!", I mean just a few tears as he sees you walking down the aisle, at any point during the ceremony or when he first sees you on the day.

Would you think it was cute, embarrassing, 'meh' or just annoying?

This question comes from the Buzzfeed article "24 Grooms Blown Away By Their Beautiful Brides".

• I hope he does! If he doesn't cry, then I'm just going to turn around and walk down the aisle again!
  • I think it's cute, shows he cares about the big day.
  • I wouldn't really mind one way or the other.
    Vote C
  • I'd hate it. I'm the wife, he's the husband! He shouldn't be crying.
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Sorry guys, I only thought about the guys afterwards tbh. Most of them (well, us) voted for c to see the answers. You can too.

The votes are:
A - 7 girls and 2 guys
B - 16 girls and 1 guy
C - 0 girls and 4 guys
D - 0 and 0
If there's 4 or 5 more votes I'll update it again.

142

Most Helpful Girl

• That would be such a beautiful moment. But seeing him all teary will likely make me cry! Yes, I've seen him cry before and it made me cry 😭

• I can see from your profile that you're engaged, congratulations! Hope you both have a great day on the wedding and on all the days after. :)

Btw, how do you do those little faces at the end?

• I found a few for you btw. πŸ‘«

• And πŸ‘°.

You have no idea what you've done. I will flood the whole Internet with these. ;)

Thanks again.

What Girls Said 13

• I was torn between b and c but I think if its sincere it would be sweet. If it isn't the natural reaction though I don't think its detrimental to the relationship. Everyone is different some men are more emotional then others. I think it would be more embarrassing or annoying if my husband to be started sobbing for any reason. Even if it was sobbing because "I'm so in love with her she's so beautiful I can't believe I'm marrying her" a few tears if happiness yes all out balling no

• So would you prefer your husband not to cry in general (obviously you wouldn't want him to cry but would you be annoyed or think less of him)?

• That coment seems rude and immature to me. If a woman is saying that she's probably self centered or extremely insecure. But that's not saying that if a woman makes a mature rational decision that she's very emotional and needs a less emotional man in a way that's not aggressively offensive like that phrase, that she's wrong to do so. Its a way of going about it. Nothing wrong with knowing our weaknesses and looking for a person to compliment or offset them

• True, I'm sure that there are relationships where the guy's more emotional than the girl. As long as it works for them, there's really no problem.

• I think he was really moved and that's sweet. It will probably make me cry too, lol overjoyed. :)
    I attend a wedding of my friend last summer, I was sad of this wedding because I felt it's a rush decision and I was thinking my friend didn't want to get married right away even if they already have their newly born healthy baby boy. I was actually planning to ask her if she want to escape but nah I was almost choked by our group.

I can't help it, I know its a crazy thing to ask or plan but you know the feelings of completely handing your long time friend to someone. Crap, different emotions was tormenting inside me I felt like I am about to puke as she walk the isle. My face was actually so wet and probably I ruined my make up as I read the psalms. I just want to share.

My friends husband actually cried a lot as they exchange vows and ring. I was moved. It somehow makes me feel, she's going to be fine.

• My fiancΓ© and I already discussed the fact that more than likely he will cry because he's so happy. I think it's sweet that I have an emotional guy who isn't afraid to cry because I won't cry.

• Is that the only circumstance where you'd be okay with him crying?

• Ah I see, the tough guy mask will be slipping when you walk down the aisle. XD

I saw somewhere else that a bride to be and her future mother in law where basically searching for a dress that would help her make him cry. Would you feel good if you saw him crying on your wedding day?

Oh and I forgot to say, congratulations! :)

• I probably will be so it will make me feel better that he is too.
      Thanks for the warm wishes.

• Voted B. I think its cute. Guys don't look less manly by crying. I think it shows that he cares

• It would melt my heart.

• I would love that. I honestly think only real me cry tho!!!<3

• I think if I saw him shed a few tears I would shed a few tears too! BLOODY HELL THE MAKE UP! EERR don't cry lol don't cry πŸ™ˆ

• How do you do those faces at the end? XD

• Ah thanks. :)
      As you probably guesed I'm a little old fashioned when it comes to texting, if that's possible. I've just got the hang of these ;)

• Haha had no idea.. No harm done, you will get use to it 😊

• :o :o really sweet... man! :x

• Vote A as I know it must be daunting standing at the top of alter not knowing for sure if the lady will arrive so when she does its a special moment. I would say its so cute and would be emotional too.

• Super cute but I won't be walking down an aisle.

• i hope he does but it's not mandatory

• My husband cried. It didn't make him any less of man.

• If Im walking down the aisle and my husband doesn't even tear up just a little, I will be so mad :(

• I didn't really think to include that option until I saw a comment on another site from a woman getting married. She was out shopping for wedding dresses with her mother in law (to be) and the mil said the goal is to make him cry.

Women are weird sometimes :)

What Guys Said 2

• I'd want my husband to cry. Or give me $5. Either/or.

• HAVE THE OPTION TO VIEW YOUR ANSWERS!!! I can tell what they want from the comments though.

• Sorry, I only thought about the guys afterwards tbh. Most of them (well, us) voted for c to see the answers. You can too.

The votes are:
      A - 7 girls and 2 guys
      B - 16 girls and 1 guy
      C - 0 girls and 4 guys
      D - 0

• Already did so lol.

• Np, after a few guys started to vote for b and c, I realised that I forgot to include an option for guys. I'll remember that in future now. I just hate giving people a cop out from voting, obviously guys need one in this case but I was just going to focus on the girls answers.