Ladies, would you be offended if your boyfriend was afraid of marriage?

Not the commitment part, but the divorce issue.

• yes
    Vote A
  • no
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
This is such a split debate

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm really torn on this one.
    On one hand, I would expect him to trust me.
    On the other, I can accept that he's just covering himself because you never know what could happen.
    But I would expect him to trust that I would be fair in divorce and it would make me question him.
    Unless he did something like cheat. Then, Id take him for everything.

0|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I see it like car insurance, you don't buy it expecting to crash. but it's there just in case it does

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. Because... Well people are stupid and think in the moment.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• I understand the feeling so I wouldn't be offended. It has nothing to do with being able to commit, it's just that if things go wrong in the future it will be psychologically (and not only) harder to leave the relationship. I think people feel more pressure to stay even though they're not happy and it isn't healthy anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ehh, it's reasonable to be somewhat concerned about that. Divorce is a reality that many people don't believe they'll ever face. I think it'd be kinda oblivious to not be at least aware that divorce is an unfortunate possibility. I'd be upset if they refused to get married though because of that, I still would love to get married.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I wouldn't be offended, I'd understand. I'm not one to force marriage, but I'd be a bit disheartened that he'd think I'd end up divorcing him - especially since I'm the type of girl open to a prenup.

0|0
    0|0
  • Easy. Get a prenup. I'm probably going to be the one with more money anyway, so he can set a number that he wants to get when/if he cheats. I would be inclined to ensure he gets nothing, but that's how it goes with fairness etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • honestly? if my boyfriend said that to me, my initial reaction would to take it personally. as though i "wasn't good enough". but if he explained, and willingly to work out his fears, i won't be offended.

i was once like your boyfriend. and my then boyfriend took it personally as though i didn't want him.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes