Ladies, would you be offended if your boyfriend was afraid of marriage?

Not the commitment part, but the divorce issue.

• yes
  • no
Select a gender to cast your vote:
This is such a split debate

221

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehh, it's reasonable to be somewhat concerned about that. Divorce is a reality that many people don't believe they'll ever face. I think it'd be kinda oblivious to not be at least aware that divorce is an unfortunate possibility. I'd be upset if they refused to get married though because of that, I still would love to get married.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. Because... Well people are stupid and think in the moment.

What Girls Said 21

• I understand the feeling so I wouldn't be offended. It has nothing to do with being able to commit, it's just that if things go wrong in the future it will be psychologically (and not only) harder to leave the relationship. I think people feel more pressure to stay even though they're not happy and it isn't healthy anymore.

• Honestly I wouldn't be offended, I'd understand. I'm not one to force marriage, but I'd be a bit disheartened that he'd think I'd end up divorcing him - especially since I'm the type of girl open to a prenup.

• I mean. I also don't think I want to marry. What if my husband cheats on me? Then there's the whole divorce issue. But, who knows... I have trust issues anyways, so it makes sense.

• Easy. Get a prenup. I'm probably going to be the one with more money anyway, so he can set a number that he wants to get when/if he cheats. I would be inclined to ensure he gets nothing, but that's how it goes with fairness etc.

• I wouldn't be.

• I'm really torn on this one.
    On one hand, I would expect him to trust me.
    On the other, I can accept that he's just covering himself because you never know what could happen.
    But I would expect him to trust that I would be fair in divorce and it would make me question him.
    Unless he did something like cheat. Then, Id take him for everything.

• I see it like car insurance, you don't buy it expecting to crash. but it's there just in case it does

• Not really no. I want to get married but I kind of understand why a lot of men don't plan on it

• no, I'd be relieved I feel the same marriage is a big thing

• honestly? if my boyfriend said that to me, my initial reaction would to take it personally. as though i "wasn't good enough". but if he explained, and willingly to work out his fears, i won't be offended.

i was once like your boyfriend. and my then boyfriend took it personally as though i didn't want him.

• It makes me think he can't do relationships but if we've been together for a really long time and he makes it known he wants a long term relationship im good

• If it's a serious relationship, then yes. If we're not dating to see if we can be together for the long term, then why the hell are we dating? It's a waste of time.

• No. Shit I am too.

• No its cool. Marriage is too much baggage , its fine if one is not up for it.

• I said yes because if he just didn't ever want to get married but if he was just scared but still wanted to marry me I would understand more

• I guess I would like I wasn't worth the risk.

• if it's divorce what scares you then no

• He wouldn't be my man lol

• Shit I accidentally voted yes

• I say no cause I'm afraid of that as well. divorce is a hard thing to go through

• Offended? No. But I personally wouldn't want to be in a relationship that wouldn't lead to marriage so in that case I wouldn't date them

• No because I don't want to get married

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!