Girls, does your wedding ring have to have real diamonds, or are you ok with Cubic Zirconia (synthetic/"fake" diamonds)?

Here's the argument; Cubic Zirconias are a manmade version of a diamond, that has absolutely no flaws (cracks, deformities, etc.) in the stone's construction. They literally are a "perfect" diamond... and because they are manmade they are way less expensive.

A diamond in the real world that is found in the earth, can have various flaws in them, and vary in quality. Because diamonds are rare in themselves, they are way more expensive... and a higher quality diamond (as in very few flaws) is even more expensive!

So ladies, which would you prefer?

Vote and reply in as much details as you wish!

• Yes, my wedding ring needs to have diamonds, not Cubic Zirconias; don''t be cheap!
  • I would be ok with Cubic Zirconias, but would prefer diamonds
  • Either way I'm happy, dammit i'm married! :-D
    Vote C
  • I prefer Cubic Zirconias over diamonds; save that money for the honeymoon!
    Vote D
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

45

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rather not have a diamond ring. They're tacky, overdone, and unless it's lab grown I'd worry about the child forced into slavery to harvest it. I will take a tattoo ring, something unique, or something with color. And durable since I plan to be a nurse.

What Girls Said 44

• I'd be happy to accept with whatever he gave me with love and could afford.
    I dont need a diamond ring if he loves me truly. I just need him by my side till rest of my life and we work together and build our future together.
    diamond ring is nothing compared when it comes about planning our future together.

• I think diamonds are over rated and I don't ever want any. There are beautiful gems out there that are colorful and so much better then diamonds. They are only popular because people buy into the hype that they are the best stone. Bunch of malarkey

• He could get it out of a cereal box for all I care. Too much emphasis put on the whole thing. I want a marriage. Not a ring and an expensive party that my grandchildren will be paying for.

• I don't care really. Whatever he can afford is fine I with me. What matters is that I'm going to get married to someone I love haha... The ring is just a... formality lol.

• Happily married (with a token diamond/s) but wouldn't have mattered if it wasn't. However a CZ wouldn't have been great as they don't wear well, and after a few years of daily wear looks aged and a bit grubby. I had a cheaper wedding band with CZ to save money when we got married and it looked really cheap after 9 months despite regular cleaning.
    Moissanite is a great, cheaper alternative but my favourite is morganite 💗

• I would probably like a different stone altogether. I think diamonds are tacky & overdone. I'd want something with colour in it but not too much. I've heard there are special rings/ring boxes guys can get for proposing where he & the girl can go back to the store afterwards & choose the ring together. Awesome! ^_^

• Diamonds aren't rare, that's just a myth to drive up cost for a perfectly worthless stone.

Answering your question, I don't even care about diamonds, or gold.

• I'd rather have a cubic zirconia, I don't want the rings to cost a lot. I'd rather spend more money on the honey moon

• I'd rather my ring weren't diamond or cubic zirconia either way, but yeah, between the two I'd go for the cubic zirconias. They look the same and are cheaper so it's not a big deal.

• I am an old fashioned girl. I would love to have an antique ring. (1800-1900) Engagement rings during this time period are very modest, and affordable. Most during this period don't have diamonds. They are usually made from other stones amethyst, garnet, emerald, topaz, amber, agate, pearl etc. They would sometimes use diamonds, but it was only by the very rich, and it was usually added to the ring later, when the couple were more financially wealthy.

• I really don't want a wedding ring with any kind of rocks in it. I'd rather just have a plain ring with maybe some engravings on it.

• As long as I'm not allergic to the band, since I'm allergic to almost all metals, I wouldn't care. The band is whats going to make the cost go up for whoever wants to marry me lol so the cheaper diamond route probably would make more sense

• Real diamond. I don't care of it's size. I just don't feel like the magnitude of the commitment/vows to be quite the same if costume/fake jewelry is used as the symbol in the institution of marriage.

• I'm not into cubic zirconia... I don't need diamonds but there's a million different gemstones you could choose that aren't as expensive as diamonds.

• Diamond because it's traditional, but it doesn't have to be extremely expensive or anything.

• No don't want either. My engagement ring is sapphire, non traditional but a better option for me.

• Sapphires are pretty!

• Yeah, blue is my favorite color. I don't like CZ, and I don't want diamonds due to the issues around their supply. So... sapphires to the rescue!

• I totally forgot to mention the corruption of the diamond industry in my question! #DamnIt

• I don't even care if I have a ring or if it has a stone, but I would much rather have a plain metal band or no ring rather than fake diamonds.

• Since I don't believe in marriage it will have to be worth it, I want the real one if you're gonna waste my time and make me smile for the camera.

• I don't even like rings. It would make me no different than every other woman out there. No personality at all. I want something that is "us".

• its a one time thing... a genuine diamond maybe?

• I would imagine that like many other womens wedding rings mine is just a band gold, whereas my engagement ring is both sapphire and diamonds.

• I would prefer diamonds because they make me feel like "wow he loves me enough to spend a million bucks on this" but on the other hand, it's the thought that counts. If he proposed to me with a ring pop, I would say yes because at least he's trying.

• Diamonds are a girls best friend

• Either way I'd be happy... people don't even wear the engagement ring when married. It's the wedding band that really counts!

• It needs to have at least 1 diamond in it.

• I'd like a ring to last as long as my marriage :)

• I'd rather not have a diamond ring. I want a ruby and sapphire one.

• I'll accept any ring. even if it just $1 ring. as long as it was given to me by the person i love.

• I mean, i'm very minimalistic jewelry wise, so a small diamond or other rock with a simple and elegant ring will do. I'd use my engagement ring as my wedding ring as well, why do we even have two rings?

• I would ok with it, and this is like the 50th ring question I've seen in a short amount of time lol

• More from Girls
    14