Ladies, what do you want your ideal wedding ring to look like?

Be as detailed as you wish in terms of the metal, color of the metal, size of the ring, types of stones (if any), engravings, etc. 💍

P. S. This is the ring that you (not your spouse) would be wearing 👍🏽

263

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• A simple gold band, maybe cushioned on the interior with a thin insulation to prevent direct contact with the metal. I'd want the band to be barely-there. A mark that I'm not free digs for all, but sufficiently tiny that it doesn't interfere with me doing the same everyday tasks as in bachelor life. I would be able to mostly ignore that it's even there.

What Girls Said 25

• 1|2
    • We've got a smart one here.

Diamonds are not at all rare - De Beers spends lots of money buying diamond mines so they can dole them out slowly over time, but the truth is, they're very common and only worth a tiny fraction of their purchase price used (De Beers says "diamonds are forever" because they don't want you to try to sell them and learn the truth).

Rubies and emeralds ARE actually rare, and actually hold their value. If you must spend your (fiancee's) money on a shiny rock, these are much better investments.

• @MrOracle oh... LOL. I did not know that these were better investments... I just thought they were prettier :p but good to know :)

• So wedding ring as opposed to engagement ring?

Metal - Gold, I guess? That's traditional, I assumed they were mostly all gold.

Colour - I really love the rose gold stuff but the normal gold looks fine too.

Size - I don't really enjoy wearing rings so I'd want something kinda small, nothing big and clunky. In all likelihood, I'd end up wearing the ring on a chain around my neck rather than on my hands anyway... But yeah, nothing big, something more subtle is more my style, thinner, more delicate, I guess.

Stones - Generally, I think wedding bands are just plain? Unless those are just the men's. Trying to remember my mother's, I think hers was a plain gold band too. If there were stones on my wedding ring, I would say to go with emeralds over diamonds but I also love things like rose quartz, smoky quartz and moonstone and they're cheaper alternatives that still look just as pretty. Also, the first gift my boyfriend got me during our relationship (for a combination of my 16th birthday and our six month anniversary - which, for me at the time, was a huge deal) was a smoky quartz necklace that I still wear and have only taken off like a handful of times in the past 5 + years, so a ring that incorporated smoky quartz or generally any quartz somehow would be very sentimental to me.

Engravings - I'm not sure about engravings. I'm totally cool with them on the inside, I think. I have no preference. If he does have something nice to put on it, that'd be great, but, knowing my boyfriend, it's gonna be like 'it's ya boi, Guzma' or something like that.

• I'm a sucker for pretty gemstones. Doesn't have to be a diamond! (Diamonds are boring imho). Doesn't have to be gold either, I'd be down for silver. Anything like these:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...ding-rings.jpg

www.sandipointe.com/.../obsidian-jewelry-9.jpg

I love emerald and obsidian and other dark or bright coloured gemstones. Something simple or just pretty. Nothing too garish with a huge rock TBH.

I also think moonstone is a beautiful gemstone for engagement rings:

engagementringsdepot.com/.../...-Rings-on-hand.jpg

• The first one without the diamonds on a simpler band would be nice. I just love the emerald.

• I'm going to give my two cents on the engagement ring because the wedding band I would just want to go well with the engagement ring. I love the halo cushion cut ones :) I'm allergic to nickel, cobalt and gold so the only safe metals I know of for the band are platinum or titanium, so it would have to be one of those. Hopefully the link works cause thats the look I'd be wanting :) This is my ideal. I would of course be fine with something more simple!

assets.marthastewartweddings.com/.../...vert_0.jpg

• Rose gold and opal. Doesn't have to be genuine but that style is cool.

• I have the ideal ring. It has a Garnet Stone and is set in an antique setting made of white gold.
    Kinda like this
    cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...9-a76f-25c80423efa6.jpg

• silver with my birthstone and my husband's name written on the inside so it's like a secret you're holding with you

• I've really liked this one for a while but I'd be open to others. I like bands that look like branches.

images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/.../..._UY395_.jpg

• Something like this. Diamond-style, classic

• Seriously if my husband gives me a cheap super ring I'd still love it. I know better than to measure his love with his income and measure the size of his heart with the size of the diamond in the ring.

The only thing I'd say is, I'd love it if the stone is star-shaped. From grade 3 I'm wearing star shaped studs and it's just my fav shape out of all.

• something simple with my birthstone

• If the person gave me a piece of string I'd be happy. It shouldn't matter what they give you if you truly loved them.

• I am not particular about metal, stones and such. But I would want some kind of engraving on it, that's for sure. Something that's personal to us. Some word... kind of like inside joke lol. Or our wedding date on it

• A silver ring with a small but sturdy frame that looks elegant, with a single stone placed. The stone can be of any material really, as long as it's white or black. The ring can be steel, actual silver.. whatever, I'd also like rose gold, but if he tries to give me a gold ring we're through.

• Just a simple golden ring is fine for me.

• I want a thin silver band with a few very small diamonds surround a bigger, but also pretty small diamond. Or maybe blue gems. I don't know.

• I never planned it. I really haven't given it any thought but a family heirloom would mean more to me.

• I would rather have a simple band instead of the one on this picture

• I don't want a ring. I think a locket necklace with a picture of us would be so much better. Like silver heart shape with swirly engravings on the outside. So cool!

• When I was young this is all I wanted.

• I don't care about rings or how they look like.

Are you proposing to someone?

• elegant, traditional, luxurious

• I'm not picky on metals, but I like silver or gold because I'm boring lol. I would obviously want the ring in my size (size 5), and I like the traditional diamond honestly. I would love an engraving as well (something personal)

• I don't really mind what it looks like, as long as I get to marry the love of my life

• I loved gold mainly Korean gold, it's very classy and very beautiful.

What Guys Said 2

• Do you mean engagement or wedding? The engagement is the flashy one.

• I want a massive 4 pound red gem from africa that makes it hard to lift my hand when I have it on. Also I want a solid plutonium band on it