Do men get a bad deal out of modern marraige?

• Yes they do
  • No they dont
  • Triggered!!! Followed by feminist rant
    Vote C
Update

1310

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, they do. The problem with modern marriage's that its laws in the US, in particular but this's also true in general for the west, comes from a time where women had no real skills, and thus couldn't support themselves without their husband.

So what you had to do was have things like alimony in order to make sure the other half of the populace could live, in the advent that something broke up the marriage. This wasn't an issue really either, as divorcees were considered social outcasts, so most didn't get divorced.

However you had a change in the west about the time of 2nd wave feminism, where the women got in the workplace achieving independence, and in essence the same rights of men. However, you still have the marriage law from before which's now antiquated as the social means have changed.

The way to solve this would be to change the marriage laws to be reflective of today's society. Which would make it less risky for men to do so, and would decrease the "short end of the stick".

What Girls Said 13

• I have never been outside my country so I can't talk about men everywhere but I can tell you what I see on a usual basis. A guy who is in his youth can date and enjoy his sex life till he finds a virgin to marry either by himself or by his parents. Then he gets a woman who helps his mother in chores while he watches TV like a potato. If his wife is also the bread maker then he expects her to use it for her family. He also gets money in form of dowry. He can force himself on his wife anytime cause it's not a illegal thing to do

• Wow. Makes me wonder why feminists over here are complaining at all.

• So I think men get a pretty good deal out of marriage. I don't know what it is like where you live.

• I think that the primary bread winner gets a bad deal out of divorce.

I'm not sure I currently see any issues men face about modern marriage other that that they are expected to be super super over the top about proposals, which is a bit ridiculous mostly.

• I think it could go either between the man or woman because men cheat too. It's not always the woman. Besides, what happens in the marriage is determined by their actions they individually take.

• This is true but I'm speaking generally. Lile what do men get out of the institution of marraige to make it worth their while?

• They get what they signed up for when they decided to marry the "love of their life" and if it doesn't work out then it depends on the circumstances. Same goes for women.

• Man this is sad makes me really think if marriage is worth it maybe we could just live with each other fuck have kids we don't need a ring or paper to say we love each other

• Another bitter man post. 😒

• BUT THATS TRUE

• I am calm. 😊

• This is so stupid. You could argue that this is simply a worst case scenario. You could give examples of the direct opposite. But no you say: anoter bitter man post. Whats the fucking point? If you can't defend your belives with a single word theyre probably wrong.

• This is depressing but tbh I confident my marriage won't be that way there something's u need to look for in a long relationships not things u fall for in a fast attraction

• yes, I think maybe.

• My hubby gets a great deal from being married to me.

• No they don't ,, but children do.

• Wow, if this is your marriage you're doing something wrong dude.

• The man is lol?

• So domestic abuse and cheating is the husband's fault? You should refrain from giving advice in a battered woman's shelter

• :') I admit, that was poorly put.
      I still stand by my statement that you can try to change your life if you're not happy with it, however what I was trying to say is, that this is not a normal marriage.
      There are examples like this, sure, but to treat it as the norm I do not find accurate. You could probably find just as many women in similar situations, so I do not think the gender is to blame but the individuals in a marriage. Do you think every marriage is like this?

• This biased post prevents me from actually giving an answer to this question, so just count this as passing by.

• It's a question not a take. It's a yes no question. Any bias I may have due to my gender is irrelevant as people are free to decide. It's not like I'm a journalist or news reporter who has to remain impartial and unbiasedly report the news.

• Hmm. I'm already fat, I earn as much money as he does, we're in an open relationship, I have better credit, I own the car we share, the money for the down payment on our house is coming from my inheritance, he already has kids and I really don't want them, you cannot claim alimony unless he was fully supporting you and committed some kind of act that would warrant divorce, prenups can prevent claiming of alimony, I'm actually for true equality and pay for half the dates, I enjoy working, I'm not very "girly" so I don't really care about makeup clothing or shoes and wouldn't want a gold or diamond ring, the only time I want him to get off the PlayStation is because I want to play...

Oh wait. I don't really see any point in getting married. Why change it if it works?

• The basis of marriage is to procreate and raise the offspring in a suitable environment for better chance of survival. Men who don't want this or who think the negative outweighs the good, should have no business marrying or procreating. As a matter of fact they should probably just undergo a voluntary vasectomy to prevent the population from getting larger while they whore themselves out.

• Be nice. Some real issues here in that men are getting a raw deal from marraige

• Kind of like those that supported Hillary aligned themselves with corruption?

• Yes. You are what you eat.

What Guys Said 9

• Your bias is obvious and you are wanting people to make statements with which you can disagree and tell them how wrong they are.

2 + 2 = 5

• Bias? It's a yes no question. Any bias I may have is irrelevant as people are free to decide. It's not like I'm a journalist or newsreporter who has to remain impartial and unbiasedly report the news.

• No. Men do not get a bad deal out of modern marriage.

• There is SOME truth unfortunately with this. I actually read that "comic" on the first post and had to laugh a little. It honestly seems like a scene from a porno. Not saying that it happens, but when I also saw "MGTOW" mentioned, I understood what this post was all about. The thing is, what you posted DOES happen but you failed to also label the misdeeds of men to women. It's a two way street, truly.

• I'm not labelling misdeeds but asking a question. I could have asked if marraige is a good deal for women either. I'm not MGTOW, it's just they have some great memes.

• Marry the right girl and they don't.

Unfortunately many men don't date around enough and wait a long enough time before proposing. They get married within a year or two of first knowing her and then realise their mistake too late.

• Yes they do

• What is the point of marriage when divorce rate is so darn high!

• No, unless you get divorced.

• The divorce rate is pretty high. If your married your getting divorced for a reason

• Yes they do

• THE BEST i HAVE EVER READ ON THIS SITE

• That's why I don't want to get married... Fuck those bitches and enjoy ur life...😂