If you couldn't afford your wedding, would you get corporate sponsors to sponsor it?

Just heard it on the radio, that a couple couldn't afford their wedding, because the groom lost his job, and "the bride gets what she wants"
He got a couple sponsors to sponsor his wedding, and has to have their logo on his tuxIf you couldn't afford your wedding, would you get corporate sponsors to sponsor it?

What Guys Said 9

• i probably wouldn't unless it was a sponsor with whom i had strong philosophical agreements with and their sponsorship of the wedding was extremely tasteful... but i think most likely i would not go that route

for me if i couldn't afford the wedding i wanted i just would have a much more scaled down wedding or none at all

• Wedding's are very expensive. To be honest, most people "can't afford it" (ie go into debt). I think being able to afford it or not, if a company is willing to sponsor, why not take advantage of that? It's only benefiting you.

• No. Fuck them. They can help me out of the kindness of their heart (obviously this wouldn't ever happen) if they want to. But no I will not sacrifice my dignity by putting your logo on my tux at my wedding thats absurd. I will take a loan before I do that.

• Tacky as fuck. Anthea turner, a past celeb in the UK did it I remember and it was disgusting to be honest. I seen it in the paper, pictures of them with chocolate bars in their wedding gear. Pathetic, turning an important day into a plug for a product. Better going without

• If you can't afford a wedding maybe you need to reevaluate your life

• Nope. Its suppose to be my day, Im suppose to foot the bill

• Never

• No what kind of person would do that. If someone really wanted a wedding they would make it happen. No matter how big or small it was. If you relationship is in trouble you going to go back b. s. k and ask them to sponsor that to

• no, i'd get a job and save up

• same here. I would wait - its not supposed to be about how big the wedding is

What Girls Said 4

• I don't see what's wrong with that nothing to be ashamed of where I draw the line is asking guests to bring money to pay for the wedding. I shit you not I read an article this morning where a couple asked each guest to bring £150 each like fuckinnnn hell mate nahhh that's too much

• If my partner and I couldn't afford a wedding, I wouldn't have one. I'd have an intimate ceremony with just us, and not worry about the party.

Sponsor is just tacky.

• I agree. To me it's not important and lavish the whole ceremony is, it's who is there.
      Even if it's just me, him and the priest. Then so be it

• Where I'm from people we have wedding socials to help pay for the event. The couple rent a venue for the night and we have a huge celebration full of alchohol and prizes. The couple and the venue split the proceeds. The venue gets more people coming in and the couple gets money to help with the wedding.

• No... you don't have to have a wedding. You could go to the courthouse or wait until you have the money. If it's about the fact that she gets she wants then she'll never be happy with that guy if he can't even afford to pay for a wedding.