Why are most men not interested in marraige in the US?

In my locality most of the men are not interested in marraige, you can say that it might be a small sample space to judge but according to stats only 48% adults in USA are married. Back in 70s it was 78%

2979

Most Helpful Girl

• Because in the US men get screwed! And not in the good way! 😉 Laws need to change there to bring equality back to both sexes.

What Girls Said 28

• Well, I've spoken to some men in the States, I'm not from there.

What they say to me is that the women in the States are very entitled, when they themselves treat men like garbage.

They tend to not have any other goals in their lives, other than wanting to land rich & wealthy men, i. e., they aren't goal-oriented, they don't have a strong sense of purpose & direction in life.

• "They tend to not have any other goals in their lives, other than wanting to land rich & wealthy men, i. e., they aren't goal-oriented, they don't have a strong sense of purpose & direction in life."

That's the exact opposite of what's going on. They can't handle women who have goals and don't live to cook and clean for men.

• No offense but white women are very ball busting. I live in Canada I if I would ever date again I would avoid them. From what I hear it's the same. Large urban areas are a nightmare for dating especially for men. Men in Toronto have given up on dating it's mostly hook up here.
      Without trying to upset you that's why MGTOW exists. It's not blaming women but we are told we are blaming women.

• @burpzzzzz - no prob. Always open to opinions. :-)

Thanks for the enlightenment; & I'm sorry that women in your area or state treat you badly. I'd like to apologise to you & to the other men who are experiencing the same, on behalf of all women.

I'm 110% certain that there are good women out there somewhere.

I wish you all the best on your journey. :-)

• Men are no longer marriage minded (in the US at least) because marriages are no longer a successful venture. Marriage is a government certificate saying you are BOUND to someone. What if it doesn't work out? There's a 50% chance it won't. So that means you are risking all your financial capital on a woman who will get old, get ugly, get mean or annoying over time. Or worse, get tired of you and look for someone else. It's too risky, and there's more than one way to be monogamous. Women may not agree with this, but this is supposed to be from a man's perspective, after all.

• A pen pal of mines from the state's told me it's because some women don't have plans but to latch on to a man with a good paying job no goals or ambitions and can be very ungrateful and pompous windbags why he called his ex wife that i don't know but it killed me 😂😂😂😅

• I'd say its because men are also more independent and no longer NEED a wife to take care of them.

• I'd also say people are choosing to be in de facto relationships rather than marrying. Perhaps because people are less religious and don't see the need?

• Like yourself?

• I've been with my SO for 4 years. We have talked about marriage, but don't plan on it any time soon. I never thought I valued the concept of matriage, but I'd like to eventually make our commitment "official" oe day.

• Be ause a lot of people are no longer waiting for marriage to have sex. Sex id what makes marriages. Everything a woman should offer in marriage she's already given to him before marriage. So what does a woman have to offer Now? Men in our country no longer want l to sacrifice. Now it's at the expense of the woman. Destroying families and why we have an increase of single parenthood and kids out of wedlock. Plus they fear marriage. Their afraid to lose. And they want to know why some women are dating out of the country.

• Wow you must think pretty lowly of yourself if you think sex is everything you have to offer someone...

• I wasn't her maid of honor for nothing. I was her maid of honor because I stayed true to her as a friend, sister, and confidant. I fought for her when others didn't. I tolerated all of her dating mistakes when I didn't need to. And if she was to comment now, she would tell you everything I SAID to her in the past was true. She didn't listen to me from time to time either. A lot of people in my life and crossed my path didn't either. Until it happened. I already knew.

• But I had to leave it up to them to figure it out. Sometimes a lot of people must go through so much hell just to learn. While others go through hell and never learn and sadly die that way. I've also seen it happened. But wise people listen the first time.

• Because in most cases divorce comes after marriage, my guess.

• Most men actually are interested in marriage, they just have to reach a certain place in life where they feel ready to settle down. And they have to meet the right girl.

• That's true. Girls want me to commit to them now, but there's no way I could forgo all other options at this point. My sex drive is seriously off the charts

• Economic crash.
    The vanishing Middle Class.
    Cultural revolution of the 70's.
    Death of Nuclear Family.
    The increasing number of adult males and females with a child's mindset.

• hi, for me the idea of a partner who is with you purely for wanting to be with you without any imaginary or real (as in financial complications) ideals FAR out ways a partner who is there hanging on in there for the latter... marriage people forget was originally and always for gain and stability and advancement NEVER for love... if love or real attraction occurred it was rare and lucky, often a love and respect could grow over time. then it changed and now it fails so often... xx

• Men say it's because if they get divorced then they get the crap end of the stick.

I don't know if I could be with someone who didn't want to get married. I want to raise children with my husband, as a family. I want grow with my husband. Not raise children with my live-in boyfriend...

• commitment and "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"

• Men like control. It's hard to have control when women can earn a decent living and care for themselves without a male. Women today don't have to put up with their shit and don't.

• It use to be 2 roles. Now its more about teamwork filling both roles with both people semi equally. Many men don't want to deal with child care or cooking or cleaning. Their leverage is gone because women can make more money than men and often do despite the news (teachers, nurses, marketers, real estate, HR, insurance rep)

Both people come home tired from their day of work but no one wants to clean, cook, or take care of kids. Women end up doing majority of the work (and turn into bitches)[rightfully so] and men don't like bitches. So they don't give them the ring they want.

• Good for you. Stay single and proud.

• Your answer sounds more like a fundamentalist religious perspective. Guys who aren't religious aren't running around thinking "Gee, I need to get married so I can control some woman!" Most guys who aren't religious see marriage as a trap and doorway to pain and restriction. The law is not kind to men of means who marry and have kids. They are the ones who get fucked most of the time... Been there and done that...

• Maybe they don't want long term commitment. They don't want to be "tied down" like that. Plus if it doesn't work out then there's divorce, which is long and expensive and may not give them a fair deal

• Yea indeed. A very big chances for mariages to go wrong, about 3 in 4 go down the shitter nowadays.

• I don't think you can pin point any particular reason. Yeah you may hear a lot of the same sort of stuff (particularly if you hang around certain websites... ahem... Reddit... ahem) but one guy's reason is often totally different from another's. But I think for a lot of people (not just men) it's not as that important anymore. Especially those who aren't very religious. More and more people are choosing cohabitation over marriage. Also some people just aren't into human relations at all. Let alone marriage. We've definitely become far more antisocial than ever before.

• You have to have the mindset of a husband and a mindset of a wife you can't be living in girlfriend and boyfriend mindset. You get what you seek out

• which leaves 52 percent= singles who remain as single a celibate or those who do casual sex or couples in common law marriages. Statistics is hardly correct.

• what is the reason no one wants to get married?

• because of plenty of fishes mentality which is flawed. :)

• a lot of people get divorced. 75% of mariages go down the shitter nowadays. So not a lot of people taking the risk. Its logical though as it can have serious economical problems to get divorced. Compare it to parachute diving. If 3 out of 4 parachutes wouldn't open, most people wouldn't go anymore. Same thong for mariages, except for death, it's economical problems.

• Because they just want to sleep around. Nothing more.

• I don't... But I am a loser 32 year old virgin. I want a companion so I can hopefully have the happy family I want for my life.

• I have zero intention of getting married yet im absolutely committed to my girlfriend and intend to spend the rest of my life with her... but sure, share your gross generalisations about the filth that is the male populous

• its really sad... i guess its due to cohabitation and also some people are scared of divorce

• Not all women want to marry either.

Also you didn't consider that gay marriage is only recently legal

• people are too scared of commitment

• The world is complicated.

• Because it's a legally acceptable way to indulge sex? Can't tell

• They follow Gods word and have chastity.

• a lot of guys dont get married if their parents didn't get married or if their is no married male role model in his life.

• Probably because there are to many hoes... no man wants to marry a hoe.

• Because if you getting divorce you to pay a huge amount to the wife so they prefers to have a live in relationship

• I don't know but I'd leave him if he wouldn't marry me

• but if he is not in position to bear ur finances then?

• So you'd be happy to sign a prenup, after all you're marrying for love?

• Good you'd be do those guys a favor. Even if they don't realize it ;)

• Because they refuse to hold a job and are too egotistical and broke to support a wife

• Or because marriage means absolutely nothing and in the event that the marriage doesn't work, his money, property and perhaps most importantly: his children, are more likely to go to his partner! But sure, try and turn an unwillingness to follow a dying tradition into another fault of the male sex!

• @bekkesmash No you don't know the definition. A prostitute means exchanging money for a sex act

• Lmfao what makes you think I'm broke? Just cuz I think women should have to pay for their own shit? My aren't you the dullest bulb in the chandelier. And exactly dumbass which makes you a prostitute cuz you're fucking a guy so that he'll pay for your room and board.

What Guys Said 79

• Because marriage is only of benefit for the woman. The man gets nothing and loses everything. 26 years taught me that. It was painful to end it, but the scab had to get pulled off

• Because marriage is a high risk low reward for men. Opposite for women.

• Marriage is an outdated tradition. Most of the typical traditions people follow only exist because at some stage companies realised they could take advantage of the fact that most people get married. But what actually changes when you do get married? Nothing! Other than the fact that you might lose half your shit in a divorce. Id much rather live with my partner and love her than spend a fortune on some backwards ceremony just to be able to use the husband/wife labels. Luckily my girlfriend completely agrees. Marriage doesn't prove love. It doesn't prove commit. It doesn't prove anything other than an ability to spend money. So if that's your thing, great. I will be opting out and I completely understand why others would do so

• Look at the laws and what feminism has done to the bulk of our women and you'll see how the benefits simply doesn't outweigh the costs. Many of the dudes I see that's sealed the deal aren't the ones driving the car or perhaps not bringing home the bacon. A good bulk of other dudes I see that's sealed the deal actually have a beautiful wife. The rest look destroyed, smothered, and cucked.

So as a young dude that's managing and taking care of himself just fine... and you're only choices are fat, nasty, and probably a female chauvinist simply because you don't happen to be as sexy as I am (even then, few and far between, to find a decent all around deal of a woman)... why not just enjoy some video games and not bog your life down with a nagg that will have you develop a drug/alcohol problem?

I'm not far from my 40's, and I'm simply shaking my head at the looks of some of these triggly puffs. Then out of the fuckable ones, they have to open their mouths and speak... uuuuugggghhh. I'd go MGTOW if I was part of this upcoming generation. No joke.

• The standard of living has skyrocketed and the stress of raising a family right as well as the financial cost of it is nothing shy of insanity. Most people have lost the ability to be commited to one partner or become chained to their jobs forcing families apart. Others just want to see the world and not be tied down to one area. I eventually want to get married, but not until my student loans are paid off, I'm debt free and having plenty of savings. I also want to have toured the world, performed in places of the highest honors and get all of my traveling blood and desires out of my system. Honestly, its hard to find someone who's worth your time nowadays and after already being heartbroken, I'm scared to do it again.

• The cost of marriage is too much

• It's turned into a scamming of men due to the divorce rules set by feminist lawyers. The best that can come out of it is to stay with her, the worst is that you're screwed for at least 18 years and lose half your stuff immidiatly. Really not a good thing, pretty sad.

• That statistic isn't relevant towards the claim that most men aren't interested. Merely suggests that fewer men are married/getting married as in the past. That's largely related to economic reasons. The age at which people moved out of their parents home also went up substantially since the 70s. We had the housing crisis. That's on top of having more access to dating options. Less reason to get married.

• Because a lot of women in our generation aren't women, they want all of the benefits of marriage and none of the return. Plus divorce and custody in the states drastically favor the mother over the father in almost 90% of all cases.

I lucked out, I married a good conservative girl from a small town.

• And let's not forget, 70% of all divorces are started by women, and of that 70% 90% of them end up the man having to pay child support on a child which he never gets to see.

Or the USdoj statistic which says in 50% of those cases the man is having to pay support on a child that is not his.

• Conservative states actually have higher divorce rate.

• That's irrelevant, to my statement honestly, and I could honestly care less @oram52

• It have absolutely nothing to do with female earning some extra cash to help the family BUT
    It have everything to do with bitches that want everything in life and a billionaire and are not grown up YEt to understand that "LIfe don't work like this but when She is 30-35 and finally understands that now its over. Join the some extremist movements and fundamentally ruin it for young girls by projecting their hate towards male and its their fault She is alone and say things like,
    Never decrease your standards and look at Me, look at me I am still single and fail to understand and don't you to understand either.

• Probably because it has less and less social or cultural value in our society, and the benefits are small while the risk of financial ruin is extremely high along with the rates of divorce.

after all, the number one cause of divorce is marriage.

• I think a lot of it has to do with secularism being taken to an obscure extreme. I'm a militant atheist myself, but too many idiots equate secularism with ending every tradition no matter what the actual original point in it was. +feminism rotting everyone's genitals cuz no one uses them anymore and all women are becoming a migraine. Lastly, most kids when I grew up had shitty role models to look up with and we're bombarded with the bullshit idea that love is forever and divorce is wrong while subsequently having most of us looked after by lies and cable television while mommy and daddy lived secret lives apart from each other because those few who had both parents had parents who were in affairs of working constantly to make due. So not only was divorce normalized, but it was viewed as the greater of two evils, the other being staying in an abusive/negligent marriage where everyone's treated poorly.

• The TV shows we watched all features divorced parents and widowers so the idea was that the end was inevitable so there's no point in marriage. Now no one wants to get married cuz they figure they'll just wind up divorced anyhow or they'll wind up permanently tied to someone who will inevitably change and more likely than not will no longer want them but will continue to harbor on and hurt them long term.

• A successful marriage would be great. I'm sure lots of people from both genders would agree. Let's theorize, though:
    1. The risk of one-sided divorces.
    2. The higher risk of being seen as a creep when approaching.
    3. The high chance of marriages going down the shitter and resulting in divorces mainly filed by women.

It's only rational (or you could say smarter) to avoid something so devastating. Easy peezy.

Things need to change (systematically and socially) to make marriages good again. Hopefully, that happens. I'm sure a good portion of those guys who prefer sleeping around would switch to marriage the moment that happens.

• Marriage is a huge risk for a man. With one sided divorce laws, how can you blame them?

• I would give anything to find someone to marry and have children with...

I'm afraid it is extremely unlikely since I am a 32 year old virgin... who would really want me... It pains me, and is driving me more depressed and suicidal by the day. Friends and family are starting to get worried; however, I am lonely...

I know I am not at a place yet to support a family, since I have a couple years left of college which I went back late for as well. Yet, I want to find someone so the pieces can be built for a good relationship. I fear it will never happen as I (we) all age daily, and every day I am still a virgin.

• Because marriage laws are stacked towards women. No sane man will want to marry - at least not without a prenup.

• Your divorce rate is high and the courts take them to the cleaners. Add to that changes in attitude towards marriage - you just don't need to anymore.

• Because if it doesn't work out they have to pay alimony and thyself lose there home and the kids are actually taking away from them. They lose everything

• I think the #1 main reason is because kids are so expensive, time consuming, attention demanding, and so on.

• you do realize those statistics are skewed. Back in the 1970s divorces were shamed and done in secret. Especially if they were religious families. Today with social media and all, it's way more publicized. You're gonna have to provide modern stats to support your claim.

• They read a lot about uneducated home staying women getting alimony.

• marriage is becoming more and more dangerous for men, so a lot of them choose not to marry. also marriage used to mean something. with the death of slut shaming and divorce stigma, the commitment means a lot less, so less people are going to go through with it. also, after marriage, their is nothing that changes anymore. men and women live together and have sex before marriage so marriage seems like nothing more than a formality these days. all it does is tie two people together financially for no fucking reason.

• Why don't you want to pound on your foot with a 6 pound hammer?

Cuz there's no benefit to it, only suffering.

• One, divorce ends in men paying half. Two, women probably fucked so many men, they do not see the point anymore. I myself am starting to lean on the side of not getting married. Marriages are suppose to be about purity and stuff. I had a couple of friends who mom got married 4 or 5 times. She had 4 or 5 kids also. Real quick im taking a guess on reason number 2

• I would like to get married, but I would first like to kick start my career so I can support that special someone. But given the break world examples of women I see and even live with. Dating would be the hardest part that personally wouldn't want to even try. It may sound like an oxymoron, but given the women I have met in different places and how they act, it kinda scares me.

• Marriage is meant to be an unbreakable contract so that you and your spouse can bond and help each other become better. If there is a way out, then it loses much of it's potency.

These days, if it does end, women always get the upper hand. And even if it doesn't, women tends to have the power

• Divorce rates are high. Plus the courts are quite unfair to guys and children during divorce. Hence some are pessimistic about marriage. I am optimistic about my chances of a good marriage. we are keen on not repeating the mistakes of our parents

• I suggest that you should make certain the person you are seeing wants to end up getting married too if you both want that.

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce. Check the statistics, it's true.

• Also I know of a guy who worked his ass off in some sort of a construction business (roofing, I think, he was an ex-girlfriend's uncle, not a bosom buddy), while his wife played janitor at a church 4 hours a night, three nights a week. Their kids were grown and out of the house. She divorced him, he had to pay her for her half of the house that he payed for in the first place, and then a few years later was sued by her for the increase in the value of the house after he'd made improvements well after the divorce...

• ... and those stories aren't rare...

• More from Guys
    49